Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD X585

Default Re: Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

I've done amazing things with my old 445 and current X585 and found it an interesting scenario where
    bigger isn't always better.
    unfortunately when one does post something like this, it creates a bunch of bashing that seems to be
    more and more common here on TBN. the forum has been a fantastic source of information for so many,
    but lately i see a lot of this type of discussion sidetrack a thread. the high school girl that wants to work
    with cattle is another example, her thread became a point/counterpoint on whether she should post if
    she can't use proper grammar. i hope things don't progress to a point that new people are afraid to post
    for fear of being criticized.
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD 4X2 gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I have an RTV 900 4wd and it sure weighs more than the X series of John Deeres but it wont out pull my kubota B26 due to the lack of weight. It will spin all four tires and it has the ATV tires so it digs pretty good holes, but lacks the weight to be a major puller. I use it to move my 20 foot trailer around the grounds. I put a ball on both front an back and by hooking it on the front I can maneuver it much better especially since I cant turn my head enough to see behind me. This is what I meant by must be something wrong with the set up robbing the heavier machine of traction, just dont know what it could have been.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1433V

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Oh come on that is one of the silliest, weakest comparisons I ever heard. This is not the first time either I don't believe, why don't you just sell the kubota?
    Yeah and not to mention the ad link to the deer site in his second paragraph like others have said. I think there is a biased motive on the part of the OP. WEAK

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch445 View Post
    I've done amazing things with my old 445 and current X585 and found it an interesting scenario where
    bigger isn't always better.
    unfortunately when one does post something like this, it creates a bunch of bashing that seems to be
    more and more common here on TBN. the forum has been a fantastic source of information for so many,
    but lately i see a lot of this type of discussion sidetrack a thread. the high school girl that wants to work
    with cattle is another example, her thread became a point/counterpoint on whether she should post if
    she can't use proper grammar. i hope things don't progress to a point that new people are afraid to post
    for fear of being criticized.
    I agree, I praised a little tractor for doing an outstanding job of pulling a trailer in the snow, and all these kubota fanatics come back attacking me with their insults. I dont think thats what this forum is all about, at least it never was. I feel if a guy owns and operates a tractor of whatever brand, he has the right to post his opinion about it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, without being subjected to insults.

I've owned quite a few tractors, my first was a Craftsman LT110. It cost $900 at the time and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it, would I buy it again, not likely. I also had Honda, Cub Cadet, many, many John Deeres and now Kubota. So I think I've owned and operated my share of tractors, maybe not as many as some, but enough to form an opinion of my likes and dislikes of different brands. You won't see any posts by me stating how New Holland sucks because I never owned one, so how would I know.

There is nothing wrong with someone stating their opinion, or telling you a story about how their two tractors compared in a pulling match. I have to say I am very surprised at a few of you guys for your responses, but especially one, who's opinion I used to have a lot of respect for.

Anyway, keep in mind, we are just talking about tractors guys.
    Last edited by Carl Bert; 01-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dgoyette View Post
    Yeah and not to mention the ad link to the deer site in his second paragraph like others have said. I think there is a biased motive on the part of the OP. WEAK
    The ad link is automatic genius, not done by me.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1433V

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    The ad link is automatic genius, not done by me.
    In that case I retract...

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

i went back and looked at Carl's 595 and see he has the hdap tires on it. I have to say at least when new those 26 12 12 tires with low pressure have excellent traction in my experience.

It seems to me when any owner of an x700 series deere post on this forum he gets chastized. i for one am getting a little tired of it. Did Carl brag on his green Deere? Absolutely! Most of us in the same situation may have done something similar. it is only incorrect if you have a Deere product.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I have an RTV 900 4wd and it sure weighs more than the X series of John Deeres but it wont out pull my kubota B26 due to the lack of weight. It will spin all four tires and it has the ATV tires so it digs pretty good holes, but lacks the weight to be a major puller. I use it to move my 20 foot trailer around the grounds. I put a ball on both front an back and by hooking it on the front I can maneuver it much better especially since I cant turn my head enough to see behind me. This is what I meant by must be something wrong with the set up robbing the heavier machine of traction, just dont know what it could have been.

I know exactly what you're saying Gary. I have a few issues with the B26, one being the useless split brake pedal, but traction was never one of them. For the most part the machine is incredible. I can't believe its digging power and I am always amazed at its ability to push boulders, as tall as its hood, around without a problem. Which is even more of the reason why I was so surprised at its inability to pull the trailer up the hill with just a few inches of snow on the ground.

Anyway, all considered I think it is worth every penny I paid for it.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    i went back and looked at Carl's 595 and see he has the hdap tires on it. I have to say at least when new those 26 12 12 tires with low pressure have excellent traction in my experience.

It seems to me when any owner of an x700 series deere post on this forum he gets chastized. i for one am getting a little tired of it. Did Carl brag on his green Deere? Absolutely! Most of us in the same situation may have done something similar. it is only incorrect if you have a Deere product.
    Well put!!! Thanks

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post

I agree, I praised a little tractor for doing an outstanding job of pulling a trailer in the snow, and all these kubota fanatics come back attacking me with their insults. I dont think thats what this forum is all about, at least it never was. I feel if a guy owns and operates a tractor of whatever brand, he has the right to post his opinion about it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, without being subjected to insults.

I've owned quite a few tractors, my first was a Craftsman LT110. It cost $900 at the time and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it, would I buy it again, not likely. I also had Honda, Cub Cadet, many, many John Deeres and now Kubota. So I think I've owned and operated my share of tractors, maybe not as many as some, but enough to form an opinion of my likes and dislikes of different brands. You won't see any posts by me stating how New Holland sucks because I never owned one, so how would I know.

There is nothing wrong with someone stating their opinion, or telling you a story about how their two tractors compared in a pulling match. I have to say I am very surprised at a few of you guys for your responses, but especially one, who's opinion I used to have a lot of respect for.

Anyway, keep in mind, we are just talking about tractors guys.
    Hey, hey hey! Lay off New Holland! Ok, sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast