Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #71  
I've done amazing things with my old 445 and current X585 and found it an interesting scenario where
bigger isn't always better.
unfortunately when one does post something like this, it creates a bunch of bashing that seems to be
more and more common here on TBN. the forum has been a fantastic source of information for so many,
but lately i see a lot of this type of discussion sidetrack a thread. the high school girl that wants to work
with cattle is another example, her thread became a point/counterpoint on whether she should post if
she can't use proper grammar. i hope things don't progress to a point that new people are afraid to post
for fear of being criticized.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #72  
I have an RTV 900 4wd and it sure weighs more than the X series of John Deeres but it wont out pull my Kubota B26 due to the lack of weight. It will spin all four tires and it has the ATV tires so it digs pretty good holes, but lacks the weight to be a major puller. I use it to move my 20 foot trailer around the grounds. I put a ball on both front an back and by hooking it on the front I can maneuver it much better especially since I cant turn my head enough to see behind me. This is what I meant by must be something wrong with the set up robbing the heavier machine of traction, just dont know what it could have been.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #73  
Oh come on that is one of the silliest, weakest comparisons I ever heard. This is not the first time either I don't believe, why don't you just sell the Kubota?

Yeah and not to mention the ad link to the deer site in his second paragraph like others have said. I think there is a biased motive on the part of the OP. WEAK

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota
I've done amazing things with my old 445 and current X585 and found it an interesting scenario where
bigger isn't always better.
unfortunately when one does post something like this, it creates a bunch of bashing that seems to be
more and more common here on TBN. the forum has been a fantastic source of information for so many,
but lately i see a lot of this type of discussion sidetrack a thread. the high school girl that wants to work
with cattle is another example, her thread became a point/counterpoint on whether she should post if
she can't use proper grammar. i hope things don't progress to a point that new people are afraid to post
for fear of being criticized.

I agree, I praised a little tractor for doing an outstanding job of pulling a trailer in the snow, and all these Kubota fanatics come back attacking me with their insults. I dont think thats what this forum is all about, at least it never was. I feel if a guy owns and operates a tractor of whatever brand, he has the right to post his opinion about it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, without being subjected to insults.

I've owned quite a few tractors, my first was a Craftsman LT110. It cost $900 at the time and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it, would I buy it again, not likely. I also had Honda, Cub Cadet, many, many John Deeres and now Kubota. So I think I've owned and operated my share of tractors, maybe not as many as some, but enough to form an opinion of my likes and dislikes of different brands. You won't see any posts by me stating how New Holland sucks because I never owned one, so how would I know.

There is nothing wrong with someone stating their opinion, or telling you a story about how their two tractors compared in a pulling match. I have to say I am very surprised at a few of you guys for your responses, but especially one, who's opinion I used to have a lot of respect for.

Anyway, keep in mind, we are just talking about tractors guys.

Last edited:
Yeah and not to mention the ad link to the deer site in his second paragraph like others have said. I think there is a biased motive on the part of the OP. WEAK

The ad link is automatic genius, not done by me.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #77  
i went back and looked at Carl's 595 and see he has the hdap tires on it. I have to say at least when new those 26 12 12 tires with low pressure have excellent traction in my experience.

It seems to me when any owner of an x700 series Deere post on this forum he gets chastized. i for one am getting a little tired of it. Did Carl brag on his green Deere? Absolutely! Most of us in the same situation may have done something similar. it is only incorrect if you have a Deere product.

I have an RTV 900 4wd and it sure weighs more than the X series of John Deeres but it wont out pull my Kubota B26 due to the lack of weight. It will spin all four tires and it has the ATV tires so it digs pretty good holes, but lacks the weight to be a major puller. I use it to move my 20 foot trailer around the grounds. I put a ball on both front an back and by hooking it on the front I can maneuver it much better especially since I cant turn my head enough to see behind me. This is what I meant by must be something wrong with the set up robbing the heavier machine of traction, just dont know what it could have been.

I know exactly what you're saying Gary. I have a few issues with the B26, one being the useless split brake pedal, but traction was never one of them. For the most part the machine is incredible. I can't believe its digging power and I am always amazed at its ability to push boulders, as tall as its hood, around without a problem. Which is even more of the reason why I was so surprised at its inability to pull the trailer up the hill with just a few inches of snow on the ground.

Anyway, all considered I think it is worth every penny I paid for it.

i went back and looked at Carl's 595 and see he has the hdap tires on it. I have to say at least when new those 26 12 12 tires with low pressure have excellent traction in my experience.

It seems to me when any owner of an x700 series Deere post on this forum he gets chastized. i for one am getting a little tired of it. Did Carl brag on his green Deere? Absolutely! Most of us in the same situation may have done something similar. it is only incorrect if you have a Deere product.

Well put!!! Thanks

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #80  
I agree, I praised a little tractor for doing an outstanding job of pulling a trailer in the snow, and all these Kubota fanatics come back attacking me with their insults. I dont think thats what this forum is all about, at least it never was. I feel if a guy owns and operates a tractor of whatever brand, he has the right to post his opinion about it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, without being subjected to insults.

I've owned quite a few tractors, my first was a Craftsman LT110. It cost $900 at the time and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it, would I buy it again, not likely. I also had Honda, Cub Cadet, many, many John Deeres and now Kubota. So I think I've owned and operated my share of tractors, maybe not as many as some, but enough to form an opinion of my likes and dislikes of different brands. You won't see any posts by me stating how New Holland sucks because I never owned one, so how would I know.

There is nothing wrong with someone stating their opinion, or telling you a story about how their two tractors compared in a pulling match. I have to say I am very surprised at a few of you guys for your responses, but especially one, who's opinion I used to have a lot of respect for.

Anyway, keep in mind, we are just talking about tractors guys.

Hey, hey hey! Lay off New Holland! Ok, sorry, I couldn't resist...