Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #81  
That is a nice tractor, my wife and I looked at one before we bought our L5740; sure liked it a lot. I can't use left foot brakes, so it was pretty much a no go, still a really nice tractor. I like all the 4000 Series John Deeres and the...

I like it a lot but it took some getting used to because power-to-size ratio is unusual.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #82  
Carl,

No harm, no foul. I am glad you are enthusiastic about your green paint. Many of us have multiple brands and defend them all. LOL. If there is a traction consideration to the duty at hand, I always choose a machine that will suit the need. Green, orange, red, yellow, it doesn't matter. If it matches the use, it comes out of the barn.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #83  
I like it a lot but it took some getting used to because power-to-size ratio is unusual.

I imagine it was, my L5740 has more power than I really need and the 4720 is even more powerful and according to Tractor Data, about the same weight. From the looks, the cab is bigger on the John Deere too; nice tractor indeed.:thumbsup:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #84  
Just to add to my X740s prowess, I have a dual axle trailer that was loaded with firewood wood; approximately 2-1/2 cord on it. It was parked in the driveway aiming down a very slight grade for about 20 feet or so. I hooked my X740 to it on the 3PT hitch and I figure I could get rolling and pull it down the driveway to my other driveway and back it up a substantial grade into the other garage for the winter. I knew I would never make it but it was a test to see how far I could go. I have done a little lighter loads than that but I just wanted to give it a real test. I hooked it up and as soon as I took off and started moving the rear of the tractor came up in the air and jackknifed slightly. There I sat with the tires 6" off the ground.:ashamed::ashamed: If I would have had a 4WD I would have gotten more that 10 feet though.

But generally, I can pull that 8'x12' trailer around all over the place with a few thousand pounds on it. But not that day and not on hills.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #85  
Internet tales and the resultant conclusions are the best. Really. :)
Extrapolating a corner case result to a generality is simply icing.

Wrooster

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #86  
Karl,
Of course we all KNOW that green in the best. We shouldn't rub it in their face though, they get SO angry. Probably just buyers remorse. It's a phenominon that we JD owners are not familiar with.:dance1::dance1::drink:

Before everyone goes ape ****, try to have a sense of humor.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #87  
Just to add to my X740s prowess, I have a dual axle trailer that was loaded with firewood wood; approximately 2-1/2 cord on it. It was parked in the driveway aiming down a very slight grade for about 20 feet or so. I hooked my X740 to it on the 3PT hitch and I figure I could get rolling and pull it down the driveway to my other driveway and back it up a substantial grade into the other garage for the winter. I knew I would never make it but it was a test to see how far I could go. I have done a little lighter loads than that but I just wanted to give it a real test. I hooked it up and as soon as I took off and started moving the rear of the tractor came up in the air and jackknifed slightly. There I sat with the tires 6" off the ground.:ashamed::ashamed: If I would have had a 4WD I would have gotten more that 10 feet though.

But generally, I can pull that 8'x12' trailer around all over the place with a few thousand pounds on it. But not that day and not on hills.

You are proud of dorking around with an undersized tractor on an undersized load and wondered what would happen? Emergency wards and morgues are full of such fools. Then we the tax payer pay for the hospital and the manufactures legal fees when the injured party sues.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #90  
Iwould imagine the first trip up the hill packed the 3" of snow, as in slick . The second attempt was made on basically ice . What are your thoughts on that . Winter is really setting in , no snow , no seat time , no sense of humor . Carl made a simple little post and nowI see 9 pages of upset people . Have a good day , Kevin .'"