Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #1  

Carl Bert

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, John deere X595
I couldn't believe it. I have an 18' 2500 lb trailer, which I used to pick up a piece of furniture. When I got it home, I decided if I pulled the trailer up on my lawn to my front door it would make getting it inside much easier. We had just had about 6" of snow fall, there is maybe 3" left.

When I got home with the new hutch, I got out my X595, hooked it up to the trailer, and attempted to pull it up the approx. 30 degree, snow covered incline to my front door. The little John Deere pulled that 2500 lb trailer 3/4 of the way up the 75' long incline, and the wheels started to spin, so I stopped and backed down the hill. If I wasn't worried about damaging the lawn, it would have made it to the top.

I got out the Kubota B26, which I had no doubt would do it with no problem. I hooked it up and proceeded up the hill. Once the 4 wheels of the Kubota were off the driveway and on the snow it started to spin. There was no moving it, not even a foot. To say the least, I was shocked. I like digging with my Kubota, but nothing beats a John Deere for all around performance. Things like this, is what makes Deere worth the extra bucks. I just love my Deere

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #2  
What does the JD have for tires.? Obviously the Kubota has industrial s which are next to useless in snow.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #3  
Haha, what a troll... :)

Lets guess which tractor has turfs and which has R4 industrial tires...

:rolleyes:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #4  
I like digging with my Kubota, but nothing beats a John Deere for all around performance. Things like this, is what makes Deere worth the extra bucks. I just love my Deere

What a bunch of baloney!

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #5  
What a bunch of baloney!

i don't know but many years ago i had to pull start my dad's 4020 on a wet pasture and did it with a Deere 112 mower.:eek: The other 30hp tractor couldn't do it.

i also know that my 4520 needs to be in 4x4 to pull the x749 if the tranny is engaged on tight packed gravel. Found that out by accident as I had released the transmission drive and it slipped back in to the engaged position when i attempted to pull it backwards.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #6  
i don't know but many years ago i had to pull start my dad's 4020 on a wet pasture and did it with a Deere 112 mower.:eek: The other 30hp tractor couldn't do it.

i also know that my 4520 needs to be in 4x4 to pull the x749 if the tranny is engaged on tight packed gravel. Found that out by accident as I had released the transmission drive and it slipped back in to the engaged position when i attempted to pull it backwards.

I'm not questioning the facts. Just saying it's baloney to turn it into a brand thing.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #7  
Yeah, tire style, weight, distribution, differential type, etc. make for traction. Not the brand of tractor turning the gears.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #8  
Haha, what a troll... :)

Lets guess which tractor has turfs and which has R4 industrial tires...

:rolleyes:

I think he was referring to small tractors using turfs on snow, those machines aren't heavy enough to make industrials "grip". Larger tractors including mine almost always use R4's on snow.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota
Yeah, tire style, weight, distribution, differential type, etc. make for traction. Not the brand of tractor turning the gears.

I fully realize what you stated is true. I just was very surprised, to say the least, and thought it was a story worth sharing.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #10  
nothing beats a John Deere for all around performance. Things like this, is what makes Deere worth the extra bucks. I just love my Deere

I fully realize what you stated is true. I just was very surprised, to say the least, and thought it was a story worth sharing.

Tractor characteristics made the difference.
Paint color gets the credit.
If the Deere & kubota were set up & equipped similarly, the results would be similar as well.