Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?
Will be using this to push over the rest of the trees. Was delivered this afternoon.

casecx130-01.jpg

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #12  
Will be using this to push over the rest of the trees. Was delivered this afternoon.

casecx130-01.jpg

There you go and lots of fun too. I have also pushed over more trees than I should. I still push small ones over, but even scaled back on that a bit.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #13  

casecx130-01.jpg

Now you're talkin'! In my opinion, besides being a better tool for the job, that is a lot more fun than a tractor! Have fun but still be careful. Trees can fight back sometimes.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #14  
TripleR, we must be on the same wavelength. You were about two minutes ahead of me!

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #15  
TripleR, we must be on the same wavelength. You were about two minutes ahead of me!

You know what they say about great minds...

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #16  
You rent the Case, or borrow from a friend?

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #17  
Yup.. that's pretty much what I've gone to as well. I only use the 110 on small jobs, now. A couple of trees too close to a fence line or maybe clear out another tree to give me added space to make the turn with the GN or horse trailer, etc.

Although, I really do pay close attention and only rent those excavator's models with the metal grating protection on the roof window... limbs and branches are always "showering" down! :eek:

AKfish

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?
As much as I wish I had the time, I won't actually be operating the Case. The operator from the construction company will... :(

The plan is to push over about 100-125 trees to make room for excavating the foundation for mom's new house. They will dig a hole in which to burn all the stumps and slash. I'll then skid out all the trees, cut them into 16' sections, and take them to the mill.

I've gotten to know the operator pretty well. He used to be a logger for years before working full time for the home builder that's constructing the house. Unless they need this particular machine at another site right away (they own this machine and another one like it), I'll ask him if I can borrow it for a day or two to clear out the stumps from an area I have cleared on my lot less than 1000 ft. away. My only concern is that I have to drive about 700 ft on blacktop to get there. Will that mess up the blacktop? This time a year the temps are pretty chilly. In fact, highs have been in the 20's today. I don't want to piss off the 6 neighbors that live along the 700 ft private driveway.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #19  
Looks to be about a 30K machine. Alot depends upon the thickness of the asphalt on your secondary road - and the driveways - on and off. Breaking or cracking leading edges (shoulders, driveways) would be the biggest concern - I'd think. The main road surface should hold up just fine... unless it's a pretty thin layer.

Any chance you could run it through the ditch or along a fence line?

If not, I'd guess you'll have some grumbling - even if you don't leave a single scratch on the road! Some folk's just have too much time on their hands..

AKfish

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #20  
My neighbor and I cut a tree down a long time ago and it was safely on the ground, so we thought. I saw something move and yelled, a sapling had been pulled down by the falling tree and it suddenly sprung back up. When it did, it threw a dead section from the top, about 5 feet long. It came twirling down and caught my 70 year old neighbor across the bridge of his nose. Busted his glasses and his nose. Not pretty. He walked out. tough old bird.
Dangerous work messing with trees. They seem to have a mind of their own.