Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #31  
It's amazing how fast a couple of big machines can clear land. It looks like they are doing a great job of keeping everything neat and clean. Going to be a beautiful location when they get it all done.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #32  
When a contractor was clearing for an under ground pipeline they had tracked machines the picked up and shredded the tree tops. When they came to a road they had a support truck that was loaded with old tires that they put across the road for them to drive on then picked them up and waited at the next road crossing. Not the same as driving down the road. You would need a several helpers moving the tires in front of the machine as you drove it down the road.

I would pay the contractor to move it (trailer) for you when he's done at the current site, then pick it up when you're finished

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #33  
i dont do pushing over trees i had a top come off if it didnt hit the bucket it would of hit me the wat the make a saw and a sledge and wedge for the only way to push them down safe a dozer or a crawler you need alot of wieght so the trees cant spring back

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #34  
I have some 10' - 15' saplings growing by my building, best way to get them down? I want roots and the tree gone. Need some ideas, not wanting to rent anything.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #35  
how thick are they if they are 3'' push they dn flat then take the rotary cutter over them or use a saw

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #36  
I don't have a rotary cutter or saw. Hahaha. :D. Can I just use a chain and pull them up? Or drag them out? Their not very thick. Or spray gramoxone on them so it kills the plant cells and dies and browns up and rip them out.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #37  
I don't have a rotary cutter or saw. Hahaha. :D. Can I just use a chain and pull them up? Or drag them out? Their not very thick. Or spray gramoxone on them so it kills the plant cells and dies and browns up and rip them out.
A hand saw will work fine on saplings. :thumbsup:

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #38  
Thanks! They are really moving along. House site is completely cleared at this point.
Nice area. Looks like you are coming along nicely.

Have you asked them about using the excavator on the other lot? I would ask them also about the best way to get it that 700 feet down the road. I'm sure they've been in similar situations.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #39  
I have some 10' - 15' saplings growing by my building, best way to get them down? I want roots and the tree gone. Need some ideas, not wanting to rent anything.

If you have long enough chains that they will not hit your tractor, chain up and pull. I'll bet you can pull several at a time.
If you are worried about them hitting your tractor, cut them off several foot above ground level then hook the chain to them and pull them out!

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #40  
If you have long enough chains that they will not hit your tractor, chain up and pull. I'll bet you can pull several at a time.
If you are worried about them hitting your tractor, cut them off several foot above ground level then hook the chain to them and pull them out!

That's what I do... I have pulled out 100's of trees with my 4720. I spent all of last summer reclaiming old pastures and clearing fence lines. Anything under 6" is no problem. Just wrap the chain twice to give it some grip.