Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #71  
Lol!

I'm curious too. Let me pull the paperwork....

Wow, all 8 injectors were replaced at 75k miles back in 2007. Truck now has 110k on it, so the replacement injectors only lasted 35k...

Ouch... Brent @ Kennedy Diesel was adamant that the OEM fuel filter was insufficient to protect the injectors. He recommends going with a retrofit mount and an OEM Caterpillar fuel filter. It's a 2 micron filter!

Oh yeah... man, do I have trailer envy! D@mn, that's a good lookin' piece of equipment! :thumbsup: Is it a 20' deck and 5' beaver tail?

AKfish

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines?
Ouch... Brent @ Kennedy Diesel was adamant that the OEM fuel filter was insufficient to protect the injectors. He recommends going with a retrofit mount and an OEM Caterpillar fuel filter. It's a 2 micron filter!
I picked up 12 Baldor fuel filters from him back in 2003. I've gone through them all now. When I replace the injectors, I'll definitely look at doing the retrofit mod. 35K is ridiculous...

Oh yeah... man, do I have trailer envy! D@mn, that's a good lookin' piece of equipment! :thumbsup: Is it a 20' deck and 5' beaver tail?
Thanks. Yes, I'm loving it. The breaks are unreal too. Can't wait to load that that thing up! I'll no longer have to worry about hauling the 5085M, no matter what attachment I got on it.

Yup, 20' deck w/ 5' tail. He had some 30' deck w/ 5' tail, but I could barely get the old 20 + 4 into certain places, so 20 + 5 is good.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #73  
Yup, 20' deck w/ 5' tail. He had some 30' deck w/ 5' tail, but I could barely get the old 20 + 4 into certain places, so 20 + 5 is good.

Thirty-five feet would be a stretch! I have to look out around the place with my 18' + 5' so, that I don't scrape alongside a tree or something. But, I'm probably 1,500lbs over legal on that trailer with the tractor, loader and rear blade or rototiller. Not a good situation... I could manage a 20' + 5+ on the place - after some landscape retrofitting!

The wife is A-OK on gettin' a bigger trailer - I just have to figure out what to buy and map out how I'm gonna go get it!

AKfish

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #74  
When i built my lbz duramax, was always having problems.then i put in a fass 220gph adjustable pump with my custom injectors(old set modified) i then bought the cat filter and block so running total 3 filters and an egr delete and never had a problem yet. Im cranking out 660rwh. I think this is the perfect daily driver horsepower. Hauling trailers is quite fun. I had a single extra large turbo so had bad spooling and i went with twins which made a huge difference. Only bad thing is i go through more tires. Also look into a efi live best thing to do for a dmax.
Im looking to buy a another lbz(low miles) and swap most parts over to new truck. and do a 1000hp complete build. Spend a little money do your truck right and have fun with it

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #75  
X3 on the trailer envy! Only downside for me is then I would need something to pull it too.

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #76  
Wow, all 8 injectors were replaced at 75k miles back in 2007. Truck now has 110k on it, so the replacement injectors only lasted 35k...

My 03's went at 165, replaced by dealer under warranty and I am at 215 now and have no issues at all.

So I traded in the old trailer and '69 GMC truck (turns out the trailer dealer collect old trucks!). Pushing the '69 up on the old trailer (after I pulled the original 4 bolt main 350).

oldgnbye.jpg

And here's the new trailer!

bigtex1.jpg

One of the better trades I have made in a while I think!
Oh yeah... man, do I have trailer envy! D@mn, that's a good lookin' piece of equipment! :thumbsup:

I agree, a very nice trailer indeed! I probably would have preferred a 25+5 myself. A very nice upgrade for only 2k for sure. You're gonna love those oil bath axles! Make sure you register it so your GCVWR is 26,000lb or less. Think your truck is 11,400 so the most you can register the trailer for is 14,600. If you register it higher, you will need a CDL (class A). You should just be able to tell the people at DMV that you want to register it at such and such weight, even if you cert of origin or title says itç—´ higher.

I recently upgrade to this setup when my water in fuel sensor started leaking. It's very nice!

Billet Aluminum OEM Filter Adapter, Nicktane
Duramax CAT Adapters on Sale $65!! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
Use mentioned code at dieselplace.com to get it for only 65$! A great deal, your injectors will thank you!!!

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #77  
Also, I would HIGHLY suggest you put a sticker on each side of the tongue that says "Not For Hire". This will help keep DOT off your back.

And lastly, I always suggest registering trailers in Maine. I use MBI for all my trailers, they have been great to work with.
http://www.mainetrailerregistrations.com/

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #78  
You were able to trade straight across? That's a heck of a deal! Those pierced frame trailers are nice! You'll love that trailer. I have mine registered for 32k and a farm trailer. Any way you slice it its cdl territory but you can take your truck and trailer for the driving test. It'll be the same cdl just without the air brake enforcements.

Brett

/ Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #79  
You were able to trade straight across? That's a heck of a deal! Those pierced frame trailers are nice! You'll love that trailer. I have mine registered for 32k and a farm trailer. Any way you slice it its cdl territory but you can take your truck and trailer for the driving test. It'll be the same cdl just without the air brake enforcements.

Brett

I believe he said the upgrade ran in the 2k range, but the dealer gave him an excellent trade in on his old trailer.
I personally don't want to have a CDL, laws are more stringent and the cops nitpick everything when you have one. I've been through the scales with loads over what the trailer is registered for, but as long as it's not over what the trailer/tires/axles are rated for (and your not over 26k total) they have never given me any grief. Much rather save the extra registration costs and CDL hassle, and just register the trailer at a lower rate to get under 26. ALLOT of people go this route. If you cross state lines allot, you might wanna get the CDL.

Last edited:
   / Can a 5058M push over mature yellow pines? #80  
I believe he said the upgrade ran in the 2k range, but the dealer gave him an excellent trade in on his old trailer.
I personally don't want to have a CDL, laws are more stringent and the cops nitpick everything when you have one. I致e been through the scales with loads over what the trailer is registered for, but as long as it's not over what the trailer/tires/axles are rated for (and your not over 26k total) they have never given me any grief. Much rather save the extra registration costs and CDL hassle, and just register the trailer at a lower rate to get under 26. ALLOT of people go this route. If you cross state lines allot, you might wanna get the CDL.

Yes it was like 3k short on the trade. He threw in the old Chevy to sweeten the deal. I was wondering if that was all it took? If so, that was a great deal! My set up weights over 26k so I just go the cdl route. It's more of a pain in some aspects but part of it.

Brett