Belly Armor/Skid Plate ??

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #1  

Remnant

Tractor
JD 4310 w/R4s(Tubed & Loaded), Armor, 4 in 1 & TNT
Hello All, Glad I found Ya

Just busted Hyd return screen housing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif!!
Have seen a lot of dented side suction filters and tweeked HST electronics under the L-R/H steps.
Anyone know of a source for belly-amor/skid-plates for the mid frame 4000s (42/43/44). Per local dealer they are not avail. from JD.
Thank you all for being here and letting us newbies bust in.
Les

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #2  
No one that I know makes them commercially. If your dealer has been in business very long, tell them that you want to know about a skid pan like they make for their larger tractors. Most dealers that have been in business for very long have made them for brush hog tractors.

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #3  
Don't know where your JD dealer got his information from, but he is incorrect. JD does have an available skid plate package. It's called the Xtra Armor protection, it includes kevlar covers for hydraulic lines, hood and grille gaurds, steel plates for under-neath, steel plates for the forward hydraulic cylinders, etc. It runs about $650.00-$700.00 for the package or you can order pieces sperately. It is available for all 42xx-47xx series tractors and all 400 series loaders. I suggest you try asking him again or maybe asking another dealer. I even have the brochure for the package.

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ??
Thank you Brad

Maybe I didn't frame my question correctly for the dealer. I'll talk to him again today. Still have to make up my mind between the 43/44, but my mind is definitly made up on the Armor.
I just bought a 42, used (200 hr), and it is a nice machine, but works pretty hard cutting the fields. Really have to go slow.real slow. The prior owner, or who ever serviced the machine, apparently didn't believe in metric tools, a lot of stripped/skinned/rounded bolt/nuts. I've only had it a few days and those little things are just eating at me, cursed with a bit of perfectionism I guess.
Again, Thank you for being here and the quick responce.
Les

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #5  
Yes, John Deere does have a armour kit. I may be wrong, but it sound like it is mostly for the top and side of the tractor. It does say that it has shielding for the hydraulic hoses along the mid part of the tractor, but there is a lot more to protect under there than just the mid mount hoses. That may be why your dealer didn't recommend it. armour kit

Got it all ordered today /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Your right Jerry. Have to order the "Rental Upgrade Kit" to get the bottom covered. Kit includes:
Left- and right-hand skid plates to protect the underside of the tractor.
Suction screen guard
High-range speed lockout
Electronic switch close-outs
Mounting hardware

Don't need the speed lockout or switch close-outs but, per salesman and parts guy and me looking over shoulders at 'puter screen, can't get belly armor separately.
Might be a couple of weeks but we'll find out what the complete, upper and lower, armor package ends up being. I'm having it thrown on a 4310. I'll have the camera with me on "check-it-out" day.

Les

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #7  
I'm interested in doing this as well. Do you mind telling us how much the Rental Upgrade kit cost?

Sorry for delayed response Green

The "Rental Upgrade Kit" is $310.00 at Bennet in MT Vernon WA. They also have installation charges but my sheet did not break them down. I'll be having the "X-Amor Kit", TnT, Tubes/fill and 4 in 1 installed as well, which added up to ~$1000 in set-up fee.

Les

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #9  
I think that's "Barnett", not Bennet, in Mt. Vernon.

JEA

/ Belly Armor/Skid Plate ?? #10  
Remnant -

Are all of these skid plate and xtra armor kits made by JD? I have a 4600 that I'd love to have those for.

-Bob