Tractor
    JD2305

Default 300CX skid steer root grapple

I'm looking to spec a 3720 with 300CX loader with a root grapple. JD has the AV20H 60" root grapple which looks pretty good, although only one cylinder and a little expensive. I also don't know what it weighs. I'd rather have two cylinders and bales. I also would like to use a skid steer carrier on the 300CX to accommodate standard skid steer attachments. I was checking out the 60" 'heavy duty' grapple at North American Implements - Heavy Duty Root Grapple aka Grapple Rake | North American Implements and it looks really nice. At 770 pounds do you think that is too much for the 300CX on a 3720 with skid steer carrier? That's about half the rating of the loader I believe. The 'light duty' grapple is 425 lbs, so 350lbs less. That's about 20% of the loader capacity back with lower weight, but it only has one cylinder and bale. I think I'd rather have the heavy duty version with two cylinders and lose the 350lbs weight savings. Am I thinking wrong? Thanks

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Default Re: 300CX skid steer root grapple

770 lbs. is definitely too heavy for that tractor IMHO, maybe they have a lighter one? Personally I like a lighter and more nimble grapple.
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Tractor
    JD2305

Quote Originally Posted by magicheater View Post
    770 lbs. is definitely too heavy for that tractor IMHO, maybe they have a lighter one? Personally I like a lighter and more nimble grapple.
    Thanks. I found the weight of the JD AV20H 60" root grapple is 421lbs here: http://www.deere.com/en_US/govsales/...%2015May12.pdf
    That explains why JD says only the AV20H is good with the 300CX and their larger AV20E 62" with two cylinders is 858lbs and too heavy for the 300CX. Looks like I might need to settle for a single cylinder/bale grapple.

NAI has the 60" light duty grapple here: Light Duty Root Grapple | North American Implements and it weigh 425lbs so would work with the 300CX as a skid steer attachment too.

Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

Be sure to check out the compact root grapples that we offer. The design is excellent and they'll build one for your JD QA for $125 build fee. We have a product video on that webpage along with a video of one in action. You'll be much better off with a grapple under 500 pounds on that tractor.
    Travis
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

Tractor
    JD2305

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingAttachments View Post
    Be sure to check out the compact root grapples that we offer. The design is excellent and they'll build one for your JD QA for $125 build fee. We have a product video on that webpage along with a video of one in action. You'll be much better off with a grapple under 500 pounds on that tractor.
    Travis
    Thanks, that looks perfect for what I need, in 60" size. Do you recommend this unit or the Wicked Root Grapple, for the 300CX with skid steer carrier? They both look great, I am going to order one or the other.

Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    Thanks, that looks perfect for what I need, in 60" size. Do you recommend this unit or the Wicked Root Grapple, for the 300CX with skid steer carrier? They both look great, I am going to order one or the other.
    I think you and your tractor will be happier with the Wicked Root Grapple because it is lighter, just as strong and a lot meaner than the CA Compact Grapple. The only reason I didn't recommend it is because I overlooked that you have a skid steer carrier. It was early yesterday!! We will have the JD QA option for them soon for all of you that do not have the skid steer QA.
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Murph ------------