WHEEL CENTERS

/ WHEEL CENTERS #1  

baddeck

Tractor
John Deere 5425
I need to buy wheel centers for a JD 5425, most aftermarket suppliers don't seem to offer them. Does anyone know if other centers might fit and where to purchase them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

/ WHEEL CENTERS #2  
What type rim: R1, R3, or R4?

//greg//

/ WHEEL CENTERS #3  
Unverferth sells them but if it is price that you are shopping they will not be cheaper.

/ WHEEL CENTERS
I'm not sure what you mean. I thought r1 r3 and r4 were tire types. I will probably just go with an r1 but I don't think it will change the center.

/ WHEEL CENTERS #5  
Each of the 3 tire types requires a compatible rim type; R1 tire must be mounted on R1 rim, R2 on R2, et cetera.

//greg//

/ WHEEL CENTERS #7  
Salvage tractor? Possible find one that burned being parted out, since they are to new to be normally scrapped.

/ WHEEL CENTERS #8  
Each of the 3 tire types requires a compatible rim type; R1 tire must be mounted on R1 rim, R2 on R2, et cetera.

//greg//

What is supposed to be the difference ?

We have changed lots of R3 combine rears for R1 and used original rims and i know several people who changed backhoe rears from R4 to R1 on original rims . My backhoe has R4 on one side and R1 on the other :)

/ WHEEL CENTERS #9  
Rim compatibility depends more on what is available for that specific style of tire size. In many cases esp the ag world there is not an equivelent sized turf to fit the ag wheel or vise versa as well as with industrials. In some instances though the choices exist. In the case of a 5425 a turf wheel tire combo would be different wheel for the ag wheel tire combo as far as the oem products are concernend (but turf wheels here are many times a 1 piece wheel). But some tire mfg's are starting to add to their offerings, ex a couple of years ago I found a new firestone tire in a turf format that fit the oem r4 wheel on a 4520 cut. In the past you had to change the wheels.

/ WHEEL CENTERS #10  
True but in many cases on these smaller units they may not have the specs already to build, and depending on distance from them freight can be spendy. I have seen it both ways, rarely though have I seen their wheel components cheaper in price (before markup) than the oem but man they build a super stout and reliable product always well worth the invenstment as far as quality is concerned.
oops am having problems here was trying to respond to Rickb's post. My bad if confusing