Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #1  

AWG

Tractor
John Deere 3120
I just found this site and recently a used JD 3120. It has 300x loader and "box" gannon.
My problem is that when the "eHydro" transmission is in "C", it acts like it is overloaded.
Works fine in "A" and "B" gears. It is overloaded or did I buy a problem.
I traded in my old Ford 8N which I am already missing.
Thanks for any inputs. Al.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #2  
Are you using the box blade in "C"?

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #3  
Lots of weight on a low hp tractor, I would expect the high range to be somewhat sluggish. Try easing into the forward pedal allowing it to gain speed.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #4  
Even on my 4720, "C" range seems to only be good for transport. I've only had my 4720 since april, but put 200 hours on it, and I've always wondered if the hydro relief pressure was set right... I can get it to "screech" pretty easy when in c range. I would not even consider doing any actual work in C range. Also, If the LoadMatch is active, it will "throttle back" the hydro valves so the engine can catch up with the tranny load, in effect automatically doing what Jenkinsph is suggesting. In general I think LoadMatch is great, but I've heard that it can make the lower HP machines feel a little sluggish. You could disable it to see if it makes a difference. But I think A&B range will be where you want be working, with LoadMatch enabled.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #5  
C range is basically just for road transport, it is almost completely useless for ground engaging work as it does not allow you to get torque to your wheels. Thus Deere put in B range which combines Torque with speed, it isn't quite as fast but you defiantly see the difference in power. I have logged about 1000 hours on a 3720, C range was only used for transport between locations or mowing on flat ground.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120
C range is basically just for road transport, it is almost completely useless for ground engaging work as it does not allow you to get torque to your wheels. Thus Deere put in B range which combines Torque with speed, it isn't quite as fast but you defiantly see the difference in power. I have logged about 1000 hours on a 3720, C range was only used for transport between locations or mowing on flat ground.

Thank you all for the replies. Both the "A" and "B" work fine even though I can't get more than 5 mph on the speedo. I have both the loader and the gannon up, just trying to see if it can get up to the advertised speed with the tires it has (15.00-19.5 R4). So starting out in "C" I can depress the "fwd" pedal about 1/3 and set the RPM to about 1500. It works fine (5 mph !) until I push on the "fwd" pedal and then the RPM's start decreasing, almost to Zero until I take my foot off the pedal and then it revs back up. So now I am wondering if there is some kind of "speed" governer set that I don't know about. Cleaning it up after I bought it, there was lots of hay type debris on the underneath. And it needed lots of WD 40 on the pedals.
Thank you again for any more ideas. Al.
I forgot to mention that I do not have load match, just a basic eHydro tranny.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #7  
Sounds like the speedmatch is stuck on. Check the buttons on the fender and see if any are pressed. If it still doesn't speed up, try disconnecting the battery and hook it back up. My loadmatch got stuck once and it wouldn't hardly go untill I did the battery. It's fine now.

/ Now Power in "C" hydro for 3120 #8  
Sounds like the speedmatch is stuck on. Check the buttons on the fender and see if any are pressed. If it still doesn't speed up, try disconnecting the battery and hook it back up. My loadmatch got stuck once and it wouldn't hardly go untill I did the battery. It's fine now. All the 3000 twenty come standard with loadmatch.

Thanks but that did not help. The only button on the right fender is the cruise control. According to the manual, there is no loadmatch or speed match. Also, it appears the speedo might not be accurate. Looks like a call to John Deere is in order. But if anyone else has had similar problems, I will post whatever the fix turns out to be. Al.

I now think the problem might be that it is really going faster than the speedo is indicating. I am going to check to see how to calibrate the speedo with the tires I have. Is it an easy fix or can only the dealer do it? The book says the speedo is set for "factory default tires". So I have no idea what size that would be. It now has 15-19.5 6P R4.
Thanks for any help. Al.