Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Default Re: Plowing some powder with the 1026R

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    Actually for the first half i was nursing it in low range- to allow it to warm up, then went into high range.
    Ok, that makes more senses. Sure seems like an easy task for the little bugger.
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , 4' boxblade Agriease , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Nice video ,nice place , nice tractor . I really like your tractor shed , what is it ? You have some nice mods to your tractor . Counterweight with sleeve hitch , flasher protection , you do nice work . What is hanging off the right floorboard ?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Nice video ,nice place , nice tractor . I really like your tractor shed , what is it ? You have some nice mods to your tractor . Counterweight with sleeve hitch , flasher protection , you do nice work . What is hanging off the right floorboard ?
    Should be the plugs for the hydraulic lines. They are color coded.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    JD X585

rockshaft it looks like a yellow extension cord running up to the angling actuator

where did you mount the base of the actuator? can't really see from the pictures,
    but it looks like maybe on that brass colored steel rod going between the bucket mount paddles?

nice video!
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD HPX gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.

Tractor
    1026R

Thanks. Sometimes the cost (time/$$$) is high enough for home built stuff that it hardly makes sense, but it can be rewarding in other ways. For me, the freight cost for pro-manufactured goods from the lower 48 is usually the largest factor.

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Should be the plugs for the hydraulic lines. They are color coded.
    Don87 is right. SCV plugs

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch445 View Post
    rockshaft it looks like a yellow extension cord running up to the angling actuator

where did you mount the base of the actuator? can't really see from the pictures,
    but it looks like maybe on that brass colored steel rod going between the bucket mount paddles?

nice video!
    Yes, JD Yellow HD extension cord for FEL accessory control.
    The base of the actuator is on a bracket attached to the FEL multi-mount and plow base plate.
    Maybe this pic shows a little better. Its not pretty, as I can't paint all the bare metal parts until the summer when it warms enough.

-p1030961b-jpg

Tractor
    1026R

The shed is a Shelter Logic garage-in-a-box, its the SUV model that has a tall door.

-p1030959b-jpg

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Very nice fabrication work! Nice pics! The latest snow dumps have been heavy, wet crap! Dang! I've been getting complacent with the cold temps and the fluffy powder snow that came with that.. Just drive back and forth a few times and build up a "road base"! Can't do that with 8" of sludge.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Very nice fabrication work! Nice pics! The latest snow dumps have been heavy, wet crap! Dang! I've been getting complacent with the cold temps and the fluffy powder snow that came with that.. Just drive back and forth a few times and build up a "road base"! Can't do that with 8" of sludge.

AKfish
    Yeah, complacency can be a rude biatch. We're fortunate to get mostly powder here, but if you wait to deal with it too long and it warms up- it seems to suck up all the moisture from the air. Our daily driver doesn't like that deeper wet heavy stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast