Snow Jd 2320

/ Jd 2320 #1  

Sven_SITE

Tractor
JD 2320
i have a 2320 and am preparing for the storm that we are going to be getting in the north east tomorrow. I have a 200cx loader and jd backhoe attachment. I was planning to remove the backhoe tonight because the outriggers prohibit me from getting close enough to building edges but if i have solid filled jd tires do i need to put ballast box on or will tires be sufficient weight for pushing and moving snow? Really wish i boug the quick hitch attachement for ballast box because the 3pt is a pain. Any thoughts or ideas? Am i better off leaving backhoe on and watching my sides?

/ Jd 2320 #2  
My laziness says, leave the hoe on and mind the sides. It would give you extra weight and might come in handy if you get stuck. But I don't know the challenges you face with building clearances.

/ Jd 2320 #3  
What type of tires? Turf or industial? I've heard the latter is useless in snow and I know from experience the turfs aren't much use in snow. Filled tires should be enough weight for snow. Chains would boost traction more than weight.

/ Jd 2320
My laziness says, leave the hoe on and mind the sides. It would give you extra weight and might come in handy if you get stuck. But I don't know the challenges you face with building clearances.

Thanks. Leaning in this direction too. Its been soo long since we got a good snow but i think thats what i did last time too probably due to laziness.

/ Jd 2320
What type of tires? Turf or industial? I've heard the latter is useless in snow and I know from experience the turfs aren't much use in snow. Filled tires should be enough weight for snow. Chains would boost traction more than weight.

Industrial tires and theyve actually been pretty good in the past so hopefully they will be good this time too. It may be obvious but i found that Its all about keeping momentum. Chains would be a good idea. Maybe next time.

/ Jd 2320 #6  

On my 2520, I have a set of unfilled turfs, and a set of loaded industrials. The turfs are tons better in snow for me.. Advantage of a 2520 or even a 2320 are the larger tires vs say a 2210/2305.

/ Jd 2320 #7  
BTW, I have a B2620 Kubota, maybe similar to your 2320? Regardless, I have loaded industrial tires and 4wd. I would have preferred turfs, but bought this used. I find that the loaded tires are ok and I run a backblade and loader most of the time. Obviously, the small blade doesn't add much weight.

Fels aren't the best for snow removal but you gotta use what you got. Next year you may want to add rear chains and a back blade.

/ Jd 2320 #8  
I have the 2520 with the Hoe on the back and the Industrial R4 tires. I leave the Hoe on for weight and just be mineful of it being back there. Everyone says that the R4's are worthless in the snow. Well they may not be great but for the most part they work ok. Only once in a while do I start spinning and it is typically when the snw starts warming up to that slippery state or when the old snow underneath is a sheet of ice. But for the most part it works well for me even with my hills. Best of luck to you with the storm.

/ Jd 2320 #9  
I had a bx25 and plowed with the BH on as the extra weight makes a huge difference. I left the BH for mowing the lawn as I found the process of removing the 3pt such a PITA....

My 2320 has a rear blower which I should be giving a good workout soon....

BTW, the BH makes an amazing ditch tractor extractor....... I once plowed into the ditch and was completely stuck. BH to the rescue as without it I would have had to get someone to pull me out.

/ Jd 2320 #10  
I think you're OK if it's level. I've got a 2320, unloaded R4s and I often clear with the loader. I usually have either a box blade or a snowblower on the back. You can spin it out but by that time, the loader has piled up so much snow you need to dump it anyway.