JD 6330 set up questions

/ JD 6330 set up questions #1  

hotchkiss

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,
I bought a new 2012 6330 and will be having it set up in a few days. In addition to tillage work, I will be mowing with a bushog 3008 mower (8 foot mower) on some banks. I am interested in finding out the different width setting for the tires. In the past, I have set tractors up on the next to widest width. However, this is my first new Deere, and am looking for recommendations based upon experience.

/ JD 6330 set up questions #2  
Anytime you are on hills get your tires as wide as possibly. Limiting factor is the barn door where you park and you want the mower as wide as the tires. If you can. Ballast in the rear tires will also make it more stable.

/ JD 6330 set up questions
Well I must say I have never heard it put that way with regard to the barn doors being the only limiting factor. Pretty funny. I know they need to be wide and thanks for the reminder. I wonder where this particular works well at - most do not do well at the widest setting from my experience. A lot do well at the next to last setting.

/ JD 6330 set up questions #4  
I like them as wide as the equipment. The wider the better, the down side is they don't turn quite as quick but they sure feel better on hills. So I think they are safer and safer trumps manuverability. The other consideration is will it fit on the trailer if I plan to haul it. I figure that as long as I am running tires that are a size recommended by the manufacturer the tractor should easily handle any of the factory width settings. If the size and width are in the owners manual they should work. IMHO :) I probably doesn't make a lot of difference if you are at full width or one setting narrower.

/ JD 6330 set up questions #5  
Hello Hotchkiss,
Hillwork is not a consideration for me so I'm not much help...I have 1.84 m. tyre centres and I'm happy with that.

I'm interested to know if you have a front-end loader on your new 6330. I am not entirely happy with the placement of the control stalk on my new 6330.

I would be interested in your comments on my threadhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/286691-new-jd-6330-a.html

Cheers,
Ross.