Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I am thinking about getting a imatch. I wanted one with the fixed tophook. A dealer said yes we have one and I got there and was the adjustable tophook. Has anyone had problems with the imatch with the adjustable tophook not working on any implements? I am concerned that the bolts and where the tophook bolts to may interfere. I had to extend the tophook on my harbor freight QH to make it work with my Woods LR72 and RB60.

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #2  
I have both styles. The new style with the adjustable hook is a pain in the butt. As you said, the bolts & bracket interfere with hooking up implements that hook up fine to the old style.

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook
Thanks forr the reply chevy.

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #4  
I have both styles. The new style with the adjustable hook is a pain in the butt. As you said, the bolts & bracket interfere with hooking up implements that hook up fine to the old style.
I HAD both, but I just sold my old one.... The new one was backordered for a long time, and the dealer gave me a used, old style one.
The only thing I've had on the new one is the ballast box, which fits good. I won't know about my MX6 till spring.
Do you find that the bolts themselves are the problem? My thought was to remove them and weld the hook in place... if the bolts are the problem.

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #5  
I have the Speeco Quick-hitch with the adjustable top-hook and it never cause me any problem. I don't know if the new Imatch from JD resemble the one from Speeco, also, all of my rear implement are either JD or Frontier.

I looked at the Landpride Qh15 quick hitch online it was $450. My dealer said it would be $425 plus freight. I was not sure if I would have the same problem that imatch has plus that is a lot of money for a QH. I went back to the JD dealer and asked if I could try it on a implement. I saw they had a frontier rake there the other day that was the same as a Woods LR72. We took it out there and it went on with no problem. So I bought it. I brought it home and tried it on the Woods RB60(which is for the BX) which has the same frame as the rake I tried it on and it would not go. I guess maybe the difference was at the dealer I did not have the bushings on the lower links so that may have gave it enough slop to fit. The rake at the dealer may have also had the bushing for the toplink drill out closer than my blade. I took a grinder and knocked a little bit off of the blade and it fits now. The only other implement that I currently have that I may have a problem with is the Woods LR72 rake but I did not get a chance to try it. I am glad I got the imatch for the L4240. It is some much more heavy duty than the harbor freight qh. The levers that lock the lower links are some much tighter.

20130209_205004_zps424cee01.jpg

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #7  
Do you find that the bolts themselves are the problem?

The problem is with both the bolts & the brackets. I believe the hook needs to extend farther out beyond the brackets. The new hitch has to be centered perfectly to get the top to hook.

The problem is with both the bolts & the brackets. I believe the hook needs to extend farther out beyond the brackets. The new hitch has to be centered perfectly to get the top to hook.

If it extend 3/32 or a 1/8" it would be perfect.

/ Imatch V2 with adjustable tophook #9  
If it extend 3/32 or a 1/8" it would be perfect.

I suppose I could have another hook plasma cut, or just move it out, weld it in place, and get rid of the bolts.

I suppose I could have another hook plasma cut, or just move it out, weld it in place, and get rid of the bolts.

Any of that would work. I extended the one on my harbor freight QH. It was really bad. Depending on what implement it is you could elongate the bolt hole for the top link link bushing to move it forward.
IMG_20120728_220940.jpg