Sims cab for 110tlb?

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #1  

jar06896

Tractor
John Deere 110tlb
Does anyone out there have any experience with a Sims cab (enclosure) on a 110? There's one for sale near me brand new, and I'm trying to decide if it is a good idea or not. I'm trying to figure out durability, functionality etc. It's certainly not cheap, although nothing like the Laurin cab of course. Any feedback would be appreciated.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #2  
What are they asking for the Sims cab? Just curious, I have a Laurin cab and after 8 years think it was a good choice.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb?
I think retail right now is about $4500, with a glass windshield. That's a lot less than a Laurin, but it's certainly not even close in terms of overall construction, in my opinion.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #4  
Sometimes it is hard to decide what is the best decisision to make. I look at purchases like the 110 as a long term deal and would expect to have it for 15 years or better. I think the better built cab is the choice for me but it does come with a price. That said I have never seen any of the lesser materials hold up as well as glass, and cleaning any of the plastics means you will scratch it a little each time you do it. Tractors and backhoes get dusty rather quickly compared to auto's so this is a big factor.

After posting last night I researched the Sims cab and it looks like msrp was close to $6,000. I have no idea what the Laurin sells for now but I bought mine in 2005 for $7500. I added Hammond ac to mine at that time as Laurin didn't have it available. So I have about $9500 into mine which is more than I would like but it all works well and has for the eight years I have had it. I don't think I would wan't a cab on a 110 without the ac though as the hydraulics add lots of heat to the cabin.

Good luck with the decisions.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb?
Yea, I'm in the process of getting a price for a Laurin can now. Emailed them yesterday, couldn't find any dealer info. I have to agree, we live the 110, and it was not a short term purchase, we intend to have it for some time, so I think it is a worthwhile investment in the cab.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #6  
Unless things have changed Laurin will only sell through a dealer, but most any tractor dealership can easily qualify.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb?
Well, got the pricing from Laurin. A cab with heat starts out at $9600 plus freight. That doesn't include installation, and may not include the backhoe section. It's amazing how expensive they have gotten. I also came across a new, used Sims can, that had never been installed. Turns out they have glass framed front and rear windshields, with vinyl sides. I'm going to go look at it, it's just a little more reasonable price wise, but we'll see on the quality.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #8  
I think I would search for a dealer who has one to sell for less.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb?
Well, just to update, I wound up purchasing the Sims cab. All the parts are brand new, and it includes the heater kit. Nothing like the Laurin, but it keeps the inside dry and warm. And at $2500, I couldn't beat the price. Hopefully it holds up.

/ Sims cab for 110tlb? #10  
Will be interested in how you like it long term and hope it works out for you.