Need battery for 2010 JD 4520

/ Need battery for 2010 JD 4520 #1  

xrjohndeere

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L4060 HST
My battery is getting weak and I need to replace it. 3 years old. John Deere wants about $150 for new one. I know they have the little drain hose for the gases but is that really needed? I just hate to pay that for another jd batterythat only last 3 years. Anyone have a recomendation for a good battery that will fit and will not leak? Thanks.

/ Need battery for 2010 JD 4520 #2  
I would get a Inerstate battery. I have had great sucess with them. On the JD battery your paying for it to say JD.

/ Need battery for 2010 JD 4520 #3  
My battery on my 4520 is 6 years old and strong. When you get a new battery, invest in a maintainer and keep it charged and warm when not in use in the winter. They should last well beyond 3 years. Either yo have a bad battery or it could have been maintained better.

/ Need battery for 2010 JD 4520 #5  
One issue that you might want to be cautious about is where the battery vents. I had a 3520 that ate up the hydraulic cooler in front because it vented the gasses out of the top of the battery and it rusted the cooler out. JD replaced under warranty, but they got me a different battery with a vent tube.
Having said that, I bet you can find a different brand of battery that has the same setup for much cheaper than a deere.

/ Need battery for 2010 JD 4520 #6  
One issue that you might want to be cautious about is where the battery vents. I had a 3520 that ate up the hydraulic cooler in front because it vented the gasses out of the top of the battery and it rusted the cooler out. JD replaced under warranty, but they got me a different battery with a vent tube.
Having said that, I bet you can find a different brand of battery that has the same setup for much cheaper than a deere.

Better to go with an agm battery that is sealed to start with, less vibration problems too. The Odyssey, Die Hard Platinum and Optima batteries are all sealed.