JD 955 needs an engine

/ JD 955 needs an engine #1  

vollrathm

Tractor
John Deere
:(My John Deere 955 utility tractor need short block or entire engine if one can be found. Anyone know of used one out there? Its a Yanmar engine modle#3TNV84. This is a 3 cylinder diesel.

/ JD 955 needs an engine #3  
If it's a V series engine... then I don't think it's original. I do not believe they ever used the V series in the x55 tractors. The engines that JD used were 3TN84RJ which I believe were of the E series. Not to say that the V wouldn't work... it's basically just an updated version of the same engine and I'm sure it would bolt right in. Just trying to help clarify to help in your search for a replacement block. I don't know how deep your pockets are, but a brand new short block can be had from Yanmar for about $3,200. I just got done rebuilding a 3TNE88 for my 955.

/ JD 955 needs an engine #4  
By the way... what is wrong with your current block that makes it scrap?

/ JD 955 needs an engine
possibly could rebuild this engine but heavy knocking on bottom of engine now wont start. Though maybe someone could have used engine for reasonable price.

/ JD 955 needs an engine #7  
May as well do an autopsy first...

I agree. The old engine has to come out to put another one in... take it out and while you're looking around for another one, take it apart and see whats what.