Tires My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!!

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #11  
Whew /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, thanks Rat /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #12  
I'll give you another scenario for what could have happened. A lot of times a dealership will have a tractor in stock the customer wants, but is on the wrong tires. They may have another tractor on the requested tires with a different transmission,,, or whatever. It is common to switch tires between tractors. Sometimes, a particular set of tires may be not selling well, and get switched off several tractors before they finally get sold. This can happen over many months,, or maybe in some places a year or more. Keep in mind that these tires may have had several test drives in the dealer's lot.. or demo's off the lot, and who knows where they get driven then, but I could see how they can get more wear than one might expect from a new tractor.
It sounds like you never saw your particular tractor until delivery, which means you don't know for sure which tires came on the tractor from the factory. As far as the paint, usually the sockets from an impact gun will mar the paint around the lug nuts, and maybe they tried to touch that up.
I hope you get the satisfaction you are looking for, and if new tires aren't available from the dealer,, maybe some other form of compensation, ie: free service, or something like that.

Good luck!
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #14  
Why did you take delivery of this unit? Worn tires are not that hard to notice right from the get go and this should have been a red flag.

...Bob

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #15  
Heard anything yet? Been a couple of days?
Waiting patiently..........

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #16  
After seeing this topic I decided to check when my rims were manufactured. It turns out that mine on the 990 were manufactured in 2000 and on the other wheel 2001. I looked at our other tractors and they are made within a year of tractor purchase. But I'm not too concerned about this since the tires are in good shape and I had my tractor ordered right from the factory and have the build order for it. On the front axle when I was doing some pre delivery painting I noticed underneath the axle it says 970 1070 on the right side. Just wondered if any other 990 owners noticed this also. But the front axle along with the whole tractor has remained unchanged since 1990. Just thought they might have changed the markings for the 990. If I got an old axle I don't care since I know it was well built. Just wondered if anyone else noticed these things.

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 272 RFM, 430 loader, 25A flail

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!!
Conclusion...almost. I hadn't heard anything back in a couple of
days, so called back to dealer and he said they will change out the tires with
new ones, but could not find any locally to do it, so he said they
will need to order in a new tractor with turfs and then give me those
in place of these used ones. Of course 30 to 45 days from order to arrive
from factory. He said go ahead and feel free to use the tractor with the
used ones. Will not do any trail blazing, for fear of sticking a limb in
the side wall, and then not being able to give back a working tire. So the
outcome of this story was foretold, but to just be sure, I will not
write "The End" until the new tires are bolted down on the tractor.

You know, every one is different. I tend to be very tolerant and trusting of
people (and it is an obvious fault) and it takes me some time to get fired up, but as every one jokes, no
one would ever want to see me if I ever did go off the deep end. I could tell
when it was delivered that the tires may have had some sort of use, like a poster
wrote about some minor use around the dealer yard, maybe through some mud, or some
one used them a few days, then traded them out. That wouldn't have been a problem. I didn't get down to looking at the
tread wear until later... you know, when you are kind of bonding with your tractor alone
in the garage and getting down on the ground and looking every square inch of it over.
It also has to do with the emotion of the momemt. I haven't had a tractor in 10 years,
and my love of tractors goes back to when I was about 5 years old and my dad would
include me in the use of his old Ford 8N. My dad is no longer here, but every time
I will get up on this new tractor, my thoughts if him and those wonderful times
will come back, and I hope that I can pass on that same feeling of joy to my son
in the same way, as we work on projects together over the many years. This is my
emotional side to this pile of metal, rubber, electronics, and hydraulics. I guess
call me milk-toast for not really seeing the tire problem right away, but I guess the
overall aura of the green machine blinded me for a while when it came.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #18  
<font color="green"> but I guess the overall aura of the green machine blinded me for a while when it came. </font>

Now ain't THAT the truth.....I think I heard harps in the background when mine rolled off the delivery truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #19  
Have you guys ever noticed a scratch or dent or anything wrong with your tractors when you just got them? The last few tractors I have had have came in with some defect like a dent in the fender of my old 790 and a chip in the fender of my 4300. The 990 came in in good shape but just wondered with this tire thing if anyone else has gotten defective tractors.

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 272 RFM, 430 loader, 25A flail

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #20  
Sounds like a semi-comidy of errors on the dealers part. I know it is common to sawp out ties on tractors especially when some one decides they dont like the ones they got and want R-4's instead of turfs etc. This really should never have gotton past the final inspection but it was obviously overlooked and sadly it might have happened at many dealerships. My patience would be comeing to an end though waiting for them to get a new tractor to swap out the wheels if they have multiple dealerships. This indicates to me it may have been intentional as they clearly intend to put the used wheels on the next new machine.They should have ordered new wheels IMMEDIATELY or begged borrowed or stole them from another dealer. Sadly the lackdazical attitude is common in many places with many brands and products. They would certainly be scratched off my list of ever buying anything from ever again and I would be calling John Deere if I did not have a new set ASAP. I hope it works out in the end.