Tires My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!!

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #1  

jdgreen98579

Tractor
JD 4310
Well, tomorrow morning I get to go in and hassle with the dealer.
I was on such a high to finally receive my part NEW/(part USED?) 4310 on this last Wednesday and
now I in a depressed low over the last few days. I didn't notice until a couple days after using it for
a few hours that the turf tires
didn't look as black and new as they should. Upon closer inspection, some of
the rubber on the turf lugs is missing or cracking off, and the lug edges
are not crisp, but rounded over which shows wear. I look at the wheels and see that
the front wheels have appeared to have been spray painted over in spots to cover
chipped off paint. The front wheels are stamped as being made on 10-06-99 and the rear
wheels are stamped 11/99. I can't read the code on the tires to tell exactly when
they were made, but would assume probably within 6 months of wheel production. I don't
know what was trying to be pulled over on me, but the more I think about this, the more
angery I get! I could see that if they said they had a USED set of turfs and would I want
them at a discount that would be one thing. But when I was placing my order, I was ordering
a NEW tractor, with NEW tires. Nothing was ever said about supplying me with previously used
tires. These tires I would bet came off of a 4000 series tractor that came back to them,
and then they switched the new lug tires off for these used turfs instead of ordering me in
some new tires. I don't want tires that are already 3 years down in life. Could this just be
a mistake? I can't believe it. I think someone was wanting to get rid of these used tires,
and thought maybe I wouldn't ever notice. I had such great trust in this dealer, now it is
pretty much shot. I just hate these confrontational situations. I have just parked the tractor
for the last three days in the garage, since I do not want to use it now. I could just see that
if I did any damage to these used tires while they are in my care, they might say, too bad, they
are yours now. I just want my new tractor to have new tires that look like the
pictures of the tire choices that John Deere shows in their brochure. Mine do not look like that!
Will update with what tomorrow brings.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #2  
That is pretty low and crooked of a dealer to intentionally do something like that.I would hope it is a mistake,either way they need to make it right.I do not know how anyone would accidentally let something like that get by.
I would make sure John Deere heard about this.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #3  
I think dealers are always swapping tires around on machines to match what the customer orders, and that's what they probably did in your case, but on a NEW machine they should certainly deliver NEW tires. They may have done this to meet a promised delivery date or to just get it out the door to reflect better sales figures, but they certainly should have spoken to you about it first.

My advice would be calm and reasonable and give them a chance to offer to make things right. You can always escalate, but reason usually trumps anger. If you go in angry they will become defensive and then be less reasonable themselves. Go in with an idea of what they need to do to make them happy - for example, let you use the used tires until they get a new set in.

Best of luck with your unfortunate situation.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #4  
I can understand how you would feel not getting the NEW tractor that you ordered.
What city did you buy your tractor in?
It really puts a sour taste in your mouth with something like this. I think that the suggestion of not being confrontational is the best tactic to take here. Give them a chance to come clean and fix the wrong.
Be sure and keep us posted.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #5  
In the car world this is a major no no. This is fraud. I bought an expedition - "new" and only learned after 14k miles that it had been repainted. The dealer when pleasantly confronted said it was just keyed in the parking lot and repainted, but he would like to get me a new vehicle. I got a new model year with more options, at no cost. Stick to your guns in a constructive way. You deserve to be compensated in some fashion or other. Any extra lighting you want?

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #6  
Your right on about the car world, I work in a large chev. toyota dealer and we have to disclose any and all paint work and have the customer sighn that they understand it was painted. Its a shame though cause we get lots of cars that are sold by us new get marked and you sand them down to find 3 or 4 factory paint jobs underneith.
I think it was prolly an oversight on your dealers part ,is it a large dealer? probably a comunication thing that an employee did or didn`t do that got these tires on your machine. I am sure thay will fix it.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!!
Thanks for the comments. I have to say I didn't sleep too well last
night but I did get myself together and went in to talk with the
manager at the dealership first thing this morning. I work in retail so I know
that it is best to stay calm and collected, so no problem there. Also the kids
were with me, since I was on my way to take them to where they were going before
I headed to work, so I figured that things would stay cool. Anyway, I told
the manager (who I have always liked very much for his customer service
attitude in other purchases) and told him I was happy with the tractor, but I was
honestly very unhappy about the tires that were on the unit. I told him I saw the
1999 date stamps on the wheels and how chunks are missing from the turf lugs and wear is
very much evident. He said it should have had new tires on it, and that he would call
to the other main store 20 miles south. This is their main store where the tractor
was configured at for the most part, and then brought up to his dealership, where this
manager was the actual delivery person of the tractor to me. I suppose he could have
missed looking at the tires on his final inspection of full setup. This is what I
tell myself to believe, since any other idea of why the tires are on there are just
ideas I don't want to come to grips with. I don't know where the tires where put on and
didn't really want to ask. He said he would call their other store to check on it
and then give me a call. He shook my hand, and my trust for
him to do the right thing is still holding on. Got home after 10:00pm tonight, no call yet, but will of course
give some more time. To continue...

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #8  
It would have been nice if he had said something like "I'll get it taken care of", or "We'll get you a new set", or something like that. Finding out why it happened doesn't do anything for you if they don't offer to make it right.

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #9  
How will this saga turn out ?

The suspense is killing me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ My NEW 4310 Delivered with USED tires!!! #10  
He'll get new tires. Suspense over, you'll live! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif