Tractor
    2013 JD X738

Default Question on cabs for X738

How bad does your cab fog up inside without a heater ? I'm Thinking of a soft side / hard top without installing a heater. Mainly want to stay out of the wind when blowing snow. Do I have to worry about the windshield fogging up ? I'd like take it off in the summer, How much work is it to install or remove each season ?

Banned
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

Default Re: Question on cabs for X738

Your windows will fog up pretty good anytime you have snow or rain hitting the glass. Unless of course you have an a/c. I remember having an old car that had no a/c to draw out moisture and the dam windows got so bad I couldn't see out. Like I said, only happens when it was raining or snowing out

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Quote Originally Posted by jbgood View Post
    How bad does your cab fog up inside without a heater ? I'm Thinking of a soft side / hard top without installing a heater. Mainly want to stay out of the wind when blowing snow. Do I have to worry about the windshield fogging up ? I'd like take it off in the summer, How much work is it to install or remove each season ?
    I used to have a 420 and had a steel and glass cab and then sold that and got a soft side with steel top cap. I never noticed any fogging up on either of them. Maybe they didn't fit as tight as the one you are thinking of? I don't know.

I switched tractors to a 455 I believe and just stopped putting the cab on because as much as I was in the snow it won't worth the effort for me. I had a 800' driveway but just went out for a couple hours at the most and cruised down the drive to get it done. If you were going to play much longer than that I would maybe put it on, but I thought it was a pain to change so I got rid of them.

15 years later I don't regret it, but they didn't really fog up and they kept me comfortable without any heater. Just enough to keep the wind off was fine for me.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Tractor
    JD 425 +1026r

I have a cab on a 425. What a great way to blow snow when it is very cold and windy. Never has fogged up. Good on a sunny day. Some times mitts are not required. Go for it!

Tractor
    JD X585

I have the curtis built soft side on my X585(same as X728) and i do get some inside fogging
    or moisture, it isn't terrible, but i did pick up the cheapo harbor freight heater and
    if I was to get it mounted in the right place i think it would take care of it, the problem
    is the steering wheel is very close to the bottom windshield support of the cab.
    That is also the reason the cab fogs up more than my cab on the 445, it is much
    closer to my face, and my seat is allll the way back!
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD HPX gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.