JD 567 round baler

/ JD 567 round baler #21  
With the rising cost of fertilizer and the fact that soil PH can tie up the nutrients I think lime is a good investment if we could get some more rain.

/ JD 567 round baler #22  
With the rising cost of fertilizer and the fact that soil PH can tie up the nutrients I think lime is a good investment if we could get some more rain.

Just put down 7gand on my wife a new truck and that came out of my farm account. Was going to do lots more the LIME and FERTILIZER but the truck is bought done and over with keep her off my but several years. LIME cost $39ton and was going to put a ton&half out per acre..

/ JD 567 round baler #23  

Jim I was wondering what your ph runs? I am fortunate in that in my locale the ph is typically 7.2 to 7.8 so no need for lime. Just tested some bottomland I am working on, hasn't had anything done to it in forty years as far as fertilizer or amendments. Needs 125# N, 70#'s P and no K /acre so I put out a starter fertilizer with the seed 24-25-4 125lbs/acre to start with. The ph is 7,5 to 7.6 not too bad.

/ JD 567 round baler #24  
Just bought 48tons,will be putting out later this week. $42ton put out...

/ JD 567 round baler #25  
2 coastal fields tested 6.8 and the rest were 7-7.1

/ JD 567 round baler #26  
ok i need thoughts from the JD people here on a 2006 JD 567 mega wide round baler with 2500 bales or less on it.ive know about the baler for a good while so i called on it yesterday to start working on buying it if we settle on a price.the guy retired an parked it in the barn 3yrs ago.so it has set that long without baling any hay.what are yalls thoughts on this baler.

I seen this 468 for sale,3yrs old,don't know bale count but its suppost to be low one owner
Price is neg. Somewhere around the 18's JD468.jpg

/ JD 567 round baler
well we got the JD 567 round baler an had her delivered sun afternoon.ended up getting it for $17,000 a savings of $3000.year before last he baled 50 bales with it.a buddy told me the baler was worth $22000.

/ JD 567 round baler #28  
Check your belt lacing pins for wear, the hydraulic hoses and grease everything and it should be good to go. 2500 is not many bales.

Sounds like you got a good deal. Did it have net wrap?

/ JD 567 round baler #29  
well we got the JD 567 round baler an had her delivered sun afternoon.ended up getting it for $17,000 a savings of $3000.year before last he baled 50 bales with it.a buddy told me the baler was worth $22000.

Sounds as if you did good especially when one considers what a new one costs.

/ JD 567 round baler #30  
Very good deal! That's an incredibly low bale count and the ones I've been looking at are 10x that (30K bales) and they're still around $15-18K. That pic of the 468 looks good. Rocky ground, though. Might have some belt wear and roller wear to look out for. (Too much baler for me, though...) :)

AKfish