need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #1  

v8only

Silver Member
Tractor
1988 John Deere 755
All,

I dont want to loose this one amazing deal!!

I have done some checking myself and all seems okay but i need some reassurance.

The blower is a 59" blower serial number: *M02756X190460 and its coming off a JD 3320.

Will it work on my 755 its comes with lift brackets and i will need to buy the mount for the JD 755, lift cyl pto shaft etc.

Thanks

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #2  
You cuold potentially be talking about a chunck of cash for the appropriate lifting/mounting items. Same blower but very different mounting style, if you can get the front A frame hitch as well with it from 3320 it would be worthwhile to modify to use that lifting system.

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment
well from what i understand the blower and lift arms are the same what is different is a frame hitch. So i should be able to mount a X55 hitch on top the lift arms of the 3320 right?

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #4  
well from what i understand the blower and lift arms are the same what is different is a frame hitch. So i should be able to mount a X55 hitch on top the lift arms of the 3320 right?

Completely different setup between the 3320 and the 55 Series. The 55 series uses the Quick-Tatch bracket and lifting arms and the 3320 uses a A-frame style mount with a 3pt hitch type lifting arangement. Other than the actual blower itself, you would need all new lifting arms, Quick-Tatch bracket, PTO shaft. That would add up in a hurry. Either that you'd need to modify the 3320 stuff to fit and work on the 55 series.

Completely different setup between the 3320 and the 55 Series. The 55 series uses the Quick-Tatch bracket and lifting arms and the 3320 uses a A-frame style mount with a 3pt hitch type lifting arangement. Other than the actual blower itself, you would need all new lifting arms, Quick-Tatch bracket, PTO shaft. That would add up in a hurry. Either that you'd need to modify the 3320 stuff to fit and work on the 55 series.

well I bought it its a 59" blower from a 3320 JD parts counter told me that the blower and lifting brackets are the same the only thing that is different is the quick hitch. So with that being said I should only need to purchase a 55 series quick hitch and it should mount up. With these parts ill still need to buy ill still be ahead of what I was going to buy originally.

So give me a few weeks to order it up and ill be taking pics of a 755 with a 59" blower :shocked:

wish me luck.

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #6  
well I bought it its a 59" blower from a 3320 JD parts counter told me that the blower and lifting brackets are the same the only thing that is different is the quick hitch. So with that being said I should only need to purchase a 55 series quick hitch and it should mount up. With these parts ill still need to buy ill still be ahead of what I was going to buy originally.

So give me a few weeks to order it up and ill be taking pics of a 755 with a 59" blower :shocked:

wish me luck.

post up some pics of the blower's lifting arms etc.... I'm curious to see it.

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #8  
Well he got no reassurance so we wait to see what happens now. Dud or not.:shocked:

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #9  
I did some looking around on the web and found this picture of a 59 off of a 3320:

JD59for3320.jpg

I can say that this is nothing like the lifting setup for the 55 series. I believe that V8 has been fed some misinformation from his counter guy. I'll have to get a picture of mine the next time I'm out in the barn and post it up for comparison.

EDIT: I found this picture of the x55 series setup (which looks like mine).

IMAG0295a.jpg

see pictures.

Attachments

• tractor-blower-1.JPG
    tractor-blower-1.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 265
  • tractor-blower-2.JPG
    tractor-blower-2.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 220
  • tractor-blower-3.JPG
    tractor-blower-3.JPG