trailer question

/ trailer question #1  

gregz

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX 2350
Just wondering if a 12' utility trailer with SINGLE axle rated at 3500# will be safe to carry my 855 w fel. I figure my tractor w BM and FEL weigh in at 3000# or so. I will only be trailering it a few miles, maybe a couple times a year.
thanks in advance
gregz

/ trailer question #4  
Just to add to that, most utility trailers with a 3,500# axle are rated to a gross weight of 2,990#. By time you take into account the weight of the trailer itself, the trailer only can have a true payload of 1,700# - 2,000#.

/ trailer question #5  
I was also looking at a trailer 12'x6' single axle for my 2305, but after numerous discussion with the members on TBN, I am now looking for a trailer 14'x6' double axle with brakes on one axle. Henri

/ trailer question #6  
Henri, you may find a 16' utility with brakes cheaper than a 14' with brakes. Seems the 16s are a dime a dozen in my area and anything shorter or longer costs more.

/ trailer question #7  
Henri, you may find a 16' utility with brakes cheaper than a 14' with brakes. Seems the 16s are a dime a dozen in my area and anything shorter or longer costs more.

Agree! I did notice, but I was hoping to find a use trailer. 16' trailer just kind of seem overkill for my 2305.

/ trailer question #8  
Agree! I did notice, but I was hoping to find a use trailer. 16' trailer just kind of seem overkill for my 2305.

Henri,
I think a 16' would be a better choice. I have a 12' tandem axle trailer I use to move my x749 with and would much prefer to get another 4' of length for attachments. That is without a fel on the front which adds a few feet to the length.

/ trailer question #9  
Henri,
I think a 16' would be a better choice. I have a 12' tandem axle trailer I use to move my x749 with and would much prefer to get another 4' of length for attachments. That is without a fel on the front which adds a few feet to the length.

You just may be right, and you are not the first one to suggest the 16' but you just may be the one who made me change my mind. I'm going to look into it. Thanks! Henri

/ trailer question #10  
Henri,

Depending on the weight distribution of the equipment, a longer trailer may provide better flexibility for positioning equipment to arrive at appropriate trailer tongue weight ratios etc. Although my trailer comfortably handles the weight and length of my equipment, I have a hard time getting 10-15% tongue weight...a longer trailer would alleviate the problem.