Imatch adjustable upper hook

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I have the first edition I match. I've adapted all of my non compliant equipment to fit except for my Farmi Skidding winch. The logical thing to do would be to alter the winch to fit the Imatch, but this would require lowering the top link bracket. Lowering the top link bracket put's it on a cover plate that is critical to the clutch so I hate to risk bending this plate.

My question is how much vertical height adjustment is there to the upper hook?

Thinking I might end up running a second upper hook on the Imatch rather than risking messing up my winch.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #2  
A couple of pictures of the top mast on your winch would help us help you.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #3  
I can measure my imatch and see how much adjustment there is. Could you build a toplink adapter for it?

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook
I'll see about some pics and concrete measurements. It's quite a stretch. I believe it's about 22" C to C crude measurements. I have 2 sets of lower holes so I think I can get the spread down to 19-20" or so.

I do think if I went strong and long I could probably either bolt or weld a nice formed U channel onto the plate and add a hole at the correct height.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #5  
The holes are the imatch are about 1 inch on center apart. In the picture the top hook is in the QH position.

20130318_142806_zps5967be5a.jpg

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook
OK so from the std position you get one down and 2 up?

I guess a guy could have a custom double hook burned or jetted out of plate. None of my conventional implements would have any obstructions up high that would get in the way. If I stuck with the lower lift holes I'd have better separation between the hooks.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #8  
The holes are the imatch are about 1 inch on center apart. In the picture the top hook is in the QH position.

20130318_142806_zps5967be5a.jpg

If the holes are 1" on center you would think the lowest holes are at 15" and the highest holes are 18" that would be correct for both setups.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #9  
If the holes are 1" on center you would think the lowest holes are at 15" and the highest holes are 18" that would be correct for both setups.

I guess there was a need on some implements for it to go lower than 15":confused3: Landpride says with their adjustable top hook you can use some of their older non QH implements. I have not seen a implement yet were the adjustable top hook is needed.

/ Imatch adjustable upper hook #10  
I guess there was a need on some implements for it to go lower than 15":confused3: Landpride says with their adjustable top hook you can use some of their older non QH implements. I have not seen a implement yet were the adjustable top hook is needed.

It is certainly possible that some might be setup for less than 15 inches bu the vast majority of equipment is set up for 18 inches vertical height on category 1 implements. If you measure from the bottom of the hooks on the lower quick hitch to the bottom of the top hook it should measure 15 3/32 inches. You can lay a straight edge in the lower hooks and measure this easily enough. The extra 3/32" is the difference between the pin diameters but this still works out to 15 inches center to center.

If I have an implement that doesn't fit the quick hitch I make it so. I am not about to go through getting off the tractor all the time and adjusting the hook up and down.