Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Default Re: Backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere391 View Post
    Not with the 3 point on but i lift it up and it slides into place and i put the pins in and release the pressure and connect the lines
    My confusion... I thought you wanted to "attach" the backhoe to the 3pt and work the backhoe from that linkage. So, yes that's how it's supposed to be lifted onto the attachment plate and pinned to the rear of the tractor.

And.. IIRC, the 48-448-485 backhoes do not mount to the tractor in the same way as the #7 or #8A-B backhoes. The #7-#8 backhoes mount to the tractor with a 4-point subframe mount that is attached with 2-spring loaded pins underneath the mid-frame of the tractor and at the very back with a 2-point slotted cradle mount.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200

I get that its ok to us the 3pt hitch but why not just use the downriggers and bucket? I just back up over the frame close enough to hook up the hydraulics and done, 30 seconds.
    Rick

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by rmorey View Post
    I get that its ok to us the 3pt hitch but why not just use the downriggers and bucket? I just back up over the frame close enough to hook up the hydraulics and done, 30 seconds.
    Man.. I never try to 2nd guess something that works! Especially, if it's an improvement over the previous technique/approach! If it's easier, quicker and just as safe - don't look back!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Its it easier to do because I backup and lift it up put the pins in and release the pressure and connect the lines. It is just easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere391 View Post
    Ok lets see the #7 backhoe

-img_0364-jpg

How is this.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    JD 955/70A/7 TLB

While the #7 is an older styly backhoe, one of the things I like about it is the fact that it has a "stack valve" setup on it instead of a solid one-piece valve body. The very first thing I did before using mine was to separate the stack of valve and reorder them to obtain the SAE (aka Cat) pattern instead of the IMO retarded ISO (aka John Deere) pattern. Something I wouldn't have been able to do on a one-piece valve body.

Tractor

Wait a minute... Egon. You're correct that your backhoe attaches in the same way as the #48 hoe. That's because you've got a model 47 --- not, a model 7!

Looks like you should have plenty of runoff water this Spring.

A good buddy called me this morning and there are so many snow geese and Canada geese migrating through South Dakota that the weather radar is picking them up!! It's been below zero F here for the past week with very little melting! Told him to pass the word onto the geese to just sit tight for awhile - nothing to eat up here - and no water to swim in either.

AKfish

Yea, I guess there is a difference between the 7 and 47.

Lets just say an aging process.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Yea, I guess there is a difference between the 7 and 47.

Lets just say an aging process.
    Fine thing it is... you've got company!

AKfish

Tractor
    john deere 3520,x749

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanos View Post
    While the #7 is an older styly backhoe, one of the things I like about it is the fact that it has a "stack valve" setup on it instead of a solid one-piece valve body. The very first thing I did before using mine was to separate the stack of valve and reorder them to obtain the SAE (aka Cat) pattern instead of the IMO retarded ISO (aka John Deere) pattern. Something I wouldn't have been able to do on a one-piece valve body.
    Was looking at my 47 and thought it would be possible to change the outlet hoses around on the block to get the desired pattern. Would that work or am I over looking something?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast