3-Point Hitch Backhoe

/ Backhoe #21  
Was looking at my 47 and thought it would be possible to change the outlet hoses around on the block to get the desired pattern. Would that work or am I over looking something?

Yes. You are overlooking something. Actually it is the exact same reason I reordered the valves on my #7. To switch between ISO and SAE, the boom function and dipperstick functions trade places. On the boom valve section there is a pressure relief valve in the bottom port and an anti-cavitation valve in the top port. On the dipperstick valve section the pressure relief valve is on the the top port and the anti-cav valve is on the bottom port. Simply swapping hoses would put the pressure relief and anti-cav valves on the wrong ports. On my #7, the hoses were not long enough to swap top to bottom to correct for this and keep the hose routing "clean". But my separating the stack and reordering the valves the problem was solved. It was a simple procedure that only took about 1/2 hour.

I looked on JD Parts, and I see that the 47 BH also uses a sectional stack valve arrangement. So, in theory, it should be a simple procedure to perform on the 47 as well. You could go to the trouble of switching the hoses around (long for short) etc. and do it that way, but IMO it's more trouble than just laying the stack down, removing three bolts, swapping the boom and dipperstick valves one for the other, and bolting it back together.