3-Point Hitch Backhoe

/ Backhoe #2  
Is it ok to hook up a 48 backhoe with the 3 point hitch?

I wouldn't do it! That is not the way the backhoe was designed to be used. There have been numerous discussions here on TBN regarding the inherent problems with 3pt backhoes and the types of failures that have occurred. And, most of those backhoes with problems have been designed specifically to be attached to the tractor's 3pt.

AKfish

/ Backhoe
Not with the 3 point on but i lift it up and it slides into place and i put the pins in and release the pressure and connect the lines

/ Backhoe #5  
Yes, you use the lift arms on the three point to install and remove the backhoe. In use it is pinned onto frame supports.:D

You should be able to go through the John. Deere site and get instructions for installation/removal of the backhoe.

If you can't I can send some frame a #7 hoe which should be the same.:)

/ Backhoe #9  
The #7 backhoe does not use the 3pt to install (at least on the 55 series), you use the backhoe's hydraulics (boom and/or outriggers) to install it. Takes about 5 minutes to install and is a prettly slick setup.

/ Backhoe #10  
i lift it up and it slides into place and i put the pins in and release the pressure and connect the lines

On my 47 model hoe on a 3520, John Deere calls it a 'rock shaft assist'. That is the procedure described to install. But most times the lift arms won't lift it high enough to get the pins in. Have to use the stablizers to lift and align the holes. It does pull the hoe into the mendment plates. Den