Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PMA
    Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

JD was offering a free touch up paint pen around 4 years ago. I took the brochure in the dealership and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Bronze Member

Default Re: Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?

Usually opposite at my dealer...I say "Hey, got this coupon,do I really have to get this to get the discount and they say "nah..."
    and just ring it up with the discount.

Never paid a penny down on anything, I just email the sales guy what I want on parts and what not and he calls me when they come in. Stopped by the other day and configured and ordered a 4720 Cab with a ton of options and backhoe and tiller and some other stuff....All said and done, $68K, he said OK and he would call me when it is in. Called friday and said it is here and and they need another week to add the dealer installed options. Never paid so much as a penny down.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

Why not make a copy of the bill, send it and the coupons back to John deere along with a request not to send you anymore because the dealer, give his name and location refuses to accept them. I think attitudes may change.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320 - gator cx

That's what I would do.

Tractor
    JD X585

Too bad the dealer won't honor the coupon, it isn't like you wanted $10 off a
    $20 parts bill. You would think they would, even if it was just to try to earn a little loyalty.

I do notice however, that a lot of promos that you see advertised have a disclaimer,
    not available in Hawaii or Alaska, which is too bad. We are a global economy now, and
    i'm sure there are increased costs to do business up there, but i also bet there's incentives.

AKfish how much freight did they charge you for those items?
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD 4X2 gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.

Tractor
    1026R

Honoring these coupons should not be optional. That said, even the much larger incentives, such as 500-1000$ implement bonus with purchase of a new machine are at the discretion of dealer.

It's not like these incentives are complete losses for dealers, 1)they bring customers in 2)corporate probably compensates them

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    Honoring these coupons should not be optional. That said, even the much larger incentives, such as 500-1000$ implement bonus with purchase of a new machine are at the discretion of dealer.

It's not like these incentives are complete losses for dealers, 1)they bring customers in 2)corporate probably compensates them
    The "fine print" does state that dealer participation is optional. And, yes the dealer is compensated. So, it's not a loss at all - beyond the time, etc. to send notification to deere. But... most definitely - as you pointed out - it's a "PROMOTION" to get folk's into the front door!!

And, after spending $250 and change - you would have thought - they'd be more than happy to grab the coupon and smile and say "you bet" and throw it in the trash after I walked out if they didn't want to be bothered with it.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    1026R

Not honoring these small $ coupons in completely nonsensical to me. Not honoring the larger incentives actually makes slightly more sense to me due to the high additional freight to Ak.

Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge. CC companies typically provide pretty good protection for consumers.
    John Deere 3038E/305 FEL/Frontier RB5060 rear blade/Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter/Harbor Freight quick hitch/Titan clamp-on forks/Priefert single bottom plow/Priefert 16x16 disc plow/Priefert 6' landscape rake/Taylor Pittsburgh Carry All/Land Pride BB1572 box blade/Fimco 40 gal. 3 point sprayer/Rankin subsoiler/Bearcat chipper-shredder/, more to come ...

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Keep hopin' that one of those bigger dealerships in Wash or OR will "absorb" them into the collective!

AKfish
    More John deere competition may help fix this. We have several Deere dealers here and they all strive to get your business. Never had coupons refused or had to pay in advance for anything ordered, e.g., 3720 Cab, 4320 open station, FEL, backhoe, rotary cutters, rotary broom, snow blowers, chainsaws, etc, and etc. Too bad you have to put up with that. Maybe things will get better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast