Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Recently, I got one of those really, cool product brochures (tractor ****... I know..) from JD that illustrated a bunch of add-on options for 5 and 6 series tractors. It did prompt me to go and buy a couple of the options - seriously! :)

I've been sitting on the plastic seat cover on my 5075M for almost 2 years and I've been getting tired of slippin' and slidin' all over the place! So, a washable seat cover is really something I've been wanting. And, I didn't buy a set of the optional cab lights for the front of the tractor when I ordered it (I don't even remember why-how.. I got the extra rear lights - 4) but, after working the tractor in the winter up here for 2 seasons (in the dark... dark hole of winter) those extra lights up front were a definite purchase, too.

Ok, went in a ordered the lights $167.xx and the seat cover; $93.xx from the brochure. Oh yeah, there's either a $10 off coupon or a 16oz. bottle of fuel treatment for anyone buying items from the brochure - HUGE incentive....

Nonetheless, when the seat cover showed up, I asked if they'd knock $10 off with the coupon? Manager, came out and said - Oh no, we NEVER honor those coupons!! That's just a JD corporate thing and we've never been a party to that stuff! This is Alaska... it's a whole different country -- ha, ha, ha... (Big joke for the crew. The shop foreman, mechanic, salesguy and the manager all grouped around like a football huddle without the @ss slapping...!)

How many other folk's have had that happen at their local dealership? (I have recieved those promotions for my JD lawn tractor (bought new from them) in the past; but, I can't remember if I've ever tried to redeem one.)

AKfish

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #2  
I hope you just turned around and showed them your arse end as you walked out the front door??? I would have!! The looks on their faces would have been priceless, I bet.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #3  
I hope you just turned around and showed them your arse end as you walked out the front door??? I would have!! The looks on their faces would have been priceless, I bet.

I totally agree! I would have been pissed. Yup, that stuff would have stayed on the counter. Go to a different dealer or order online. Once they start losing a few sales they may start to smarten up. Living in Alaska is not a reason to get ripped off. I'm sure JD corporate wouldn't be impressed.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #4  
My dealer had always honored those. Granted, ive never used them to get any money off or anything. Most of the promotions are for free bottle of fuel stabilizer or window cleaner and things like that. Come to think of it I haven't been getting those brochures since I've paid off my tractor and lawn mower :(

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #5  
When I have to order from JD, have to have an account or give them a cc#. Ended up getting pissed at them, closed the account ande made the line myself. Saved a lot of money that way.

So AKfish prop, had to pay in advance so he couldn't leave it on the counter.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #6  
you should have asked to use their bathroom and then take a steemer in the sink next to the toilet. and then stuck a lit cigarette in it like a birthday candle

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?
When I have to order from JD, have to have an account or give them a cc#. Ended up getting pissed at them, closed the account ande made the line myself. Saved a lot of money that way.

So AKfish prop, had to pay in advance so he couldn't leave it on the counter.

Exactly! They take your card # before they'll even order the parts. And, I'd already gotten the lights... I don't like all the mom and pop single-dealership's gettin' steam-rolled by JD corporate... but, these dinosaurs up here need to be bought up and given an early retirement!

Keep hopin' that one of those bigger dealerships in Wash or OR will "absorb" them into the collective!

AKfish

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #8  
The dealer I use has placed orders for me totaling many hundereds of dollars of parts for me and never ask for a dime until I arrive at the counter to pick up the parts.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #9  
The dealer I use has placed orders for me totaling many hundereds of dollars of parts for me and never ask for a dime until I arrive at the counter to pick up the parts.

I just ordered $400 implement drive shaft, no deposit.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #10  
you should have asked to use their bathroom and then take a steemer in the sink next to the toilet. and then stuck a lit cigarette in it like a birthday candle

Remind me to never piss you off! :laughing::thumbsup: