Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

Default Re: What loader bucket size for john deere 3520 with turf tires?

Quote Originally Posted by soulasphil View Post
    I use a 60" bucket with my 3520 and agri tyres. I find it already very cumbersome around trees and buildings and when full it is very heavy for the 300CX and the front axle. I wouldn't try anything bigger.
    Thanks for the pictures! I'm sold on the 60". No turning back. Just not too many cons for the 60 with my situation. Hopefully this thread helps someone else out
    Last edited by BigMike50; 03-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Bigger is always better with snow, of course. If you're only planning (or would prefer) to buy just 1 bucket - get the 72 inch.

AKfish
    That's what I used to think, until I bought a 84" Horst Materials Handling bucket for snow. The bucket is just too heavy to be a comfortable tool. Steering can be difficult with the bucket flat on the ground and in "float." For light snow the wider footprint and capacity are good, but if the snow is heavy, lifting a full bucket can be a challenge. If the bucket gets loaded off center it is real easy to be on three wheels, even with a BH for ballast. This season, I just used the HD 60" bucket on the front and 60" blower on back and found that to be a much better compromise. I have not tried a 72" bucket so cannot comment, except to say I suspect a full bucket of heavy material might be a stretch for the 3x20 series to lift.
    2007 JD CAB 3320 eHydro, 300CX FEL, GX720 Back Hoe, 72" 7-Iron MMM, 48" Horst Pallet Forks
    Lucknow 60" Rear Snow Blower, JD Box Blade 2065
    2013 JD X739 - 60" HC Deck with Auto Connect

Tractor
    JD 3320 eHydro w/ 300CX Loader

I've got a 3320 with a 300cx loader and a 60" bucket. I added a tooth bar. I have rim guard in my rear tires and keep a box blade loaded with 10 suitcase weights on the back when using the loader. Still.....the rear can feel light at times....and I am going to rig for still more rear weight. The cx is one powerful loader for the tractor size.

I like the digging ability of the 60" bucket and tooth bar......and would not like a bigger one for my purposes. I can pick up a bucket full of anything....and have adequate ballast. But when I put my grapple on.....some of the trees I pick up can get a bit dicey. Lotsa leverage on a long tree cross-wise in the jaws.
    3320 eHydro, 300CX Loader & 15 + great attachments

You gotta mine allot of dirt to find a diamond.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer View Post
    That's what I used to think, until I bought a 84" Horst Materials Handling bucket for snow. The bucket is just too heavy to be a comfortable tool. Steering can be difficult with the bucket flat on the ground and in "float." For light snow the wider footprint and capacity are good, but if the snow is heavy, lifting a full bucket can be a challenge. If the bucket gets loaded off center it is real easy to be on three wheels, even with a BH for ballast. This season, I just used the HD 60" bucket on the front and 60" blower on back and found that to be a much better compromise. I have not tried a 72" bucket so cannot comment, except to say I suspect a full bucket of heavy material might be a stretch for the 3x20 series to lift.
    I've got a 84" WorkPro bucket, too. (I didn't suggest that as an option...) It is a lot of steel hangin' on the end of the loader and I don't think I'd even consider hooking it up without chains on the front tires! I'd be afraid of skittering to and fro and end up stuck in the ditch or jammed into the side of the barn!

72" was more than my Model 80 FEL could lift (~1,200lbs) if the material was wet or fine (sand). So, I never attempted to routinely heap the bucket with that material. Snow, even wet snow - bring it on - as much as I could load into it.

Everything is a compromise. Nothing is perfect. Find something that fits most situations and go with it!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Nice place you got there , soulasphil .

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by CinderSchnauzer View Post
    That's what I used to think, until I bought a 84" Horst Materials Handling bucket for snow.
    After I saw pictures of your bucket - that's when I decided I'd get a high volume materials bucket for snow. I bought the JD WorkPro materials bucket with SS quick attach mount. With chains on the front tires of my 110 or on my 5075M it moves mountains of snow!

This much I know... I can move and pile in less time, with less fuel than previously and that's exactly what I was hoping to achieve!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Nice place you got there , soulasphil .
    Thanks, that's southern Brittany. The water you might be able to see in the background of some of the pictures is part of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf1283-r-solution-de-l   -dscf1585-r-solution-de-l   -dscf3008-copier-jpg   -dscf3036-copier-jpg  
    3520 PR

Tractor
    Deer 4300, LT180, LT160

For what you want, I would go with 60" to start. With that digging you will want a smaller bucket! Also you will not be using the replaceable edge with most tooth bars, just a heads up.

I have a 300cx, with a 60" HD bucket and 60" tooth bar. I also picked up a 72" bucket down the road for snow, I never use it.

Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

Quote Originally Posted by JordanFTW View Post
    For what you want, I would go with 60" to start. With that digging you will want a smaller bucket! Also you will not be using the replaceable edge with most tooth bars, just a heads up.

I have a 300cx, with a 60" HD bucket and 60" tooth bar. I also picked up a 72" bucket down the road for snow, I never use it.
    does the cutting edge have to come off for it to fit? wont be a problem because of have air tools.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
    does the cutting edge have to come off for it to fit? wont be a problem because of have air tools.
    Yep... gotta remove the cutting edge. The toothbar won't fit over the top of the bucket edge with the cutting edge on there.

AKfish

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast