confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20 #1  

BigMike50

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse
When I ordered my 2012 3520 the dealer asked if I wanted load match and motion match, yada yada. I said no but now I would like it and was quoted 102 bucks for the kit by the dealer which contains the switches. Was told that the machine would have to go in for reprogramming computer. My machine came standard with cruise control and switch.

Well after some research, I am finding conflicting stories that the newer machines don't even have the switches anymore and its done through the display. Yes I did read the manual and it confirmed that it is done through the display. However, I followed the procedure and turned it on but it doesn't seem to work right. Just for a quick test, I put it in 3rd and bumped the throttle up and stayed on it till the motor bogged down. Doesn't seem to work.

So my question is, does my machine have load match and they did do away with the switches? Did it come standard and the dealer is an idiot? Why he trying to sell me switches?

Thanks

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20 #2  
When I ordered my 2012 3520 the dealer asked if I wanted load match and motion match, yada yada. I said no but now I would like it and was quoted 102 bucks for the kit by the dealer which contains the switches. Was told that the machine would have to go in for reprogramming computer. My machine came standard with cruise control and switch.

Well after some research, I am finding conflicting stories that the newer machines don't even have the switches anymore and its done through the display. Yes I did read the manual and it confirmed that it is done through the display. However, I followed the procedure and turned it on but it doesn't seem to work right. Just for a quick test, I put it in 3rd and bumped the throttle up and stayed on it till the motor bogged down. Doesn't seem to work.

So my question is, does my machine have load match and they did do away with the switches? Did it come standard and the dealer is an idiot? Why he trying to sell me switches?

Thanks
Your machine should definately have load match as standard.
They did do away with the switches, but they are available as an option. It is part of the upgraded cruise package (at least on the 4x20's). I do see the need for an upgraded cruise (accel/decel), but I'm fine with without loadmatch/motion match switches. I don't really see the need to disable LoadMatch...ever, let alone "on the fly". As far as motion match, I just have mine set through the display for "long rollout" and can't see the need to have to quickly change that either.
The switches are for people that need (or want) to disable Loadmatch via a switch, and toggle between "long rollout" and "short rollout" on the fly without stopping and screwing with the display.

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20
ok so I was outside toying around with it. I had load match on and pulled a 2 ton roller up a hill in b range. set rpms at around 2200. the more I pushed the pedal down, the more the rpms dropped until I released the pedal. Whats up?

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20 #4  
ok so I was outside toying around with it. I had load match on and pulled a 2 ton roller up a hill in b range. set rpms at around 2200. the more I pushed the pedal down, the more the rpms dropped until I released the pedal. Whats up?

Try it with LoadMatch off and see if there is a difference. LoadMatch will limit the current to the proportional drive valves when the actual engine RPM is less than the expected RPM. It is the same effect as letting up off the pedal some. It may not have been able to correct that much if you just kept pressing the pedal further. My guess is that with LoadMatch off, the engine would stall. If there is no difference, then you better consult the dealer.

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20
Try it with LoadMatch off and see if there is a difference. LoadMatch will limit the current to the proportional drive valves when the actual engine RPM is less than the expected RPM. It is the same effect as letting up off the pedal some. It may not have been able to correct that much if you just kept pressing the pedal further. My guess is that with LoadMatch off, the engine would stall. If there is no difference, then you better consult the dealer.

ok will try that. thanks

/ confused about Load Match feature on newer 3x20 and 4x20 #6  
I ordered my 3720 cab tractor in spring of 2007 with the load match, motion, cruise control, and it was a little less than $100 back then so it was a no brainer to go ahead and get the package. Though I rarely use it, the motion match works well and is easily turned on/off with the switch to the left of steering wheel -- can definitely see speed drop under heavy load while maintaining engine RPM's.

I also have a later model 4320 open station which does not have the load match switch but must be programmed on/off. Default is ON. Here again you can definitely see a drop in speed under heavier loads while maintaining near constant engine RPM's.

If your motion match is turned ON, you should have no trouble distinguishing it is turned on. If it is OFF, you will see definite drop in engine RPM's with a drop in speed.