Oil & Fuel 3320 Hydraulic Oil Change

/ 3320 Hydraulic Oil Change #1  

bobsphotos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320 Ford 641 Ford 861 Kubota L3400
I am getting ready to change my hydraulic oil and filter and am wondering if there is a "suction screen" that needs to be cleaned on my model. I asked a mechanic at the local JD shop, and he said he didn't think my model had the "suction screen" that other models have. I also cannot find any reference to it in my manual and cannot find a screen in the parts catalog online. There is an inline filter but that one I know about.

/ 3320 Hydraulic Oil Change #2  
There is not a suction screen, but rather a suction filter in a housing under the left foot side of the floor. The picture appears in the owners manual under "Service Transmission" section.

The problem that seems to occur with this filter change has to do with O-rings used in the housing to retain the filter. Sometimes the old O-rings stay in the housing when you pull the filter. If you put in new O-rings on top of the ones left in the housing then you get leaking. The other problem is the new filter does not always come with O-rings in the box. Much safer to have your parts guy order the rings by their own part number as when you order the filter.