5093e hydraulic fluid question

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #1  

dmaxxx21

Tractor
john deere
I have a 5093e and the hydraulic fluid is only showing in the bottom sight glass and none in the top, so I poured some more in and it showed about half way up on the top glass,so I started it and let it run for a few min and worked the loader up and down and now it shows only in the bottom glass again. Do I keep pouring till it gets in the top glass? Also do I do it with the tractor running or what? Thanks for the help.

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #2  
Not trying to be a SA but did you get an operators manual with the tractor? If so it would behoove you to read it as it holds a wealth of information. I would keep adding oil until oil level is correct.

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question
actually it didn't have a manual and i'm still waiting on the dealer to get me one, also I went out and checked it this morning and of course it was low but I let the loader down and got all the pressure off of it and now it shows the bottom glass full and the top half full, what do you suggest on this?

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #4  
Actually the double acting cylinders being extended or retracted should affect the oil level by only the area that the cyl rod displaces the hyd oil which will be fairly small amount. I think it would be better to run it a little over full than a little low.

I found an online manual and it doesn't say anything about the loader, only says to let the 3 point hitch down. would you raise the loader then fill it up to the halfway mark on the top sight glass or leave it the way it is? and i called my dealer and that wasn't much help.

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #7  
Difference in 3 pt cyl and loader cyl is the fact 3 pt is one way cylinder so when lowered oil from 3 pt cyl returns to trans sump whereas loader cyl makes very little diffidence in trans oil level

when I lowered the loader is when it started showing full but raise the loader and it shows low, if it was yours would you raise the loader and fill or leave it where its at? thanks for the help cause I know nothing about hydraulics.

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #9  
Your tractors hyd fluid level is fine.

/ 5093e hydraulic fluid question #10  
Lower the loader and the 3 point hitch and check your level. That's it.