JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #1  

northsaw1

Tractor
Kubota 2620
Curious if anyone has any experience disassembling an outrigger cylinder on a 110 TLB. I removed the ring in the picture and can push the gland in far enough to see a second groove, but cannot pull it out. Is there a second internal ring that needs to be compressed? Thanks.

JD 110 Cyl..jpg

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #2  
Your rebuild kit has an orange plastic ring in it that you insert into that groove that you can see when you push the gland back into the cyl. This plastic ring allows the internal snapring on the gland to ride over the groove and slide out instead of snapping into it.

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. Now if I just had the rebuild kit, I'd be in business.

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #4  
I think deere planned it that way so we have to buy the kits from them.

I was thinking the same thing. Talk about locking you in. I'm replacing the rod and can't even get it out without buying their kit first. I'll make a plastic ring and get it apart first. Then I can get the seals.

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #6  
I was thinking the same thing. Talk about locking you in. I'm replacing the rod and can't even get it out without buying their kit first. I'll make a plastic ring and get it apart first. Then I can get the seals.

True enough... But, the kits (with seals) ain't that bad! Just ordered the kit for the loader cylinder on my 110 - $44.00 - with shipping. I can live with that.

AKfish

True enough... But, the kits (with seals) ain't that bad! Just ordered the kit for the loader cylinder on my 110 - $44.00 - with shipping. I can live with that.

AKfish

That ain't bad. Ordered from a dealer? I always expect huge price tags at the parts counter. And usually get them too.

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #8  
That ain't bad. Ordered from a dealer? I always expect huge price tags at the parts counter. And usually get them too.

Yep.. from my local JD dealer. (The part's guy is always trying to help... the rest of the crew is a whole 'nother story!) :laughing:

AKfish

/ JD 110 TLB Outrigger Cylinder Disassembly Question #9  
Northsaw1,
I need to rebuild both of my outrigger cylinders. Not having rebuilt a cylinder before, I'd appreciate hearing about your experience rebuilding the outrigger cylinder, especially any tools required, issues and/or tricks. I'm hoping to hold off until late fall/winter unless the leakage increases over the summer.

Thanks in advance.
Tim