Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ???

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ??? #1  

hotchkiss

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,
I was using the chisel plow with my new 6330 today and was in some rough spots. The warning light came on to let me know the hydraulic/transmission oil temperature was too hot. While I had been pulling a pretty good load, I was surprised it came on. I stopped plowing and drove back to the shop and let the tractor cool down before turning it off. I didn't have any more time so it hasn't been started since. Any thoughts because I will say I don't like warning lights coming on and while I am new to Deere, I don't think my other tractors would have gotten hot under that load.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ??? #2  
Without more info it is difficult to diagnose. Did you put your hand on the transmission case? Does it have oil? Probably a bad sensor but more diagnosis is necessary before you can come to that conclusion.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ???
Without more info it is difficult to diagnose. Did you put your hand on the transmission case? Does it have oil? Probably a bad sensor but more diagnosis is necessary before you can come to that conclusion.

I did not put hand on case or check oil. You are suppose to check oil when cool. I decided to just let it cool off and try to diagnose today or tomorrow.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ??? #4  
If the oil was low, it would foam up and not cool as well it should be. Check level first. If it ok - I'd be checking the filter and strainer if you have one. On my kubota- it has a strainer with a filter and the strainer would be the first place to look if there is any pieces in there since its new.

Were you pulling plow in high gear or low? Its less stress on tractor with HST to pull in low.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ???
Low gear.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ??? #6  
If the oil was low, it would foam up and not cool as well it should be. Check level first. If it ok - I'd be checking the filter and strainer if you have one. On my kubota- it has a strainer with a filter and the strainer would be the first place to look if there is any pieces in there since its new.

Were you pulling plow in high gear or low? Its less stress on tractor with HST to pull in low.

A 6330 does not have a hydrostatic tranny, the largest offered in the ag tractors is the 4720 compact with hst.

/ Dumbie light on new Deere - concerns???? Thoughts ??? #7  
A 6330 does not have a hydrostatic tranny, the largest offered in the ag tractors is the 4720 compact with hst.

Might have the IVT transmission. Big-boy version of the HST.. ;)

AKfish