72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs.

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #14  
Does the 2520 have something like this for the MMM lift linkage? The way I read it, if the 2520 requires turn buckles to set the mow height, it doesn't. I'm not real familiar with the 2520 but it seems like if you could add a height gauge like the 1026R, you'd really have something!

image-2291282544.jpg

image-4067218739.jpg

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #15  
I don't have a camera handy, but from the outside of the rear tire on the left side is about 15" and the right side is about 11".

Does the 2520 have something like this for the MMM lift linkage? The way I read it, if the 2520 requires turn buckles to set the mow height, it doesn't. I'm not real familiar with the 2520 but it seems like if you could add a height gauge like the 1026R, you'd really have something!

View attachment 313520

View attachment 313521

Normally one would set the mow height with the knob on the 3pt hitch lever. I set mine between 7 and 7.5. But, you can set it with the turnbuckles on the lockup if you want. I don't have the turnbuckles, I just used to flat metal straps with holes to lock mine up. Much cheaper than the kit from the dealer.

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs.
I'm pretty sure the 2520 does not have the mower height knob.

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #17  

I think it is like the 2720. If you buy the "independant lift" option, it has a knob for setting the deck height under your left elbow when setting on the seat.

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #18  
With independent lift, you have a height adjustment knob right next to the seat. You can also use that to lock the deck all the way up. Also, if you have a diverter valve, you don't need to swap hoses between the lift and the FEL.

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #19  
I have the 62D deck on my 2520. I don't have the independent lift, I have the turnbuckle system on the 3pt hitch. I hate the turnbuckles. It takes more time to instal them than it does to drop the mower and attach the FEL. I wish I had the independent lift kit. On the other hand I think I going to try the flat steel with holes drilled though it technique as mentioned above. That would probably save tons of time as I could leave the bars hanging when not in use. The turnbuckles have to be removed completely when using the mower, as they unthread over time and you lose half on the ground.
The 62D mower has very little clearance under it when pinned up, so I remove it after I am done mowing every time. I am slowly building my yard out of an old hay field and the mower, even at its highest point catches on everything. I am not sure about the clearance under the lifted 72 mower, but unless it is substantially greater than the 62D you would also want to remove it often.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ 72" MMM on 2520, need input on how it performs. #20  
I'll have to take some pics of my flat bar lockup.