Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Default JD 3320 Speedometer / Cruise Control problem

I use my cruise control to hold constant speeds as slow as .5 miles per hour. This used to work without any problem at all. Lately I've noticed my digital speedometer seems to be going up and down eratically. This seems to negatively affect the cruise control as it no longer holds a constant speed. The tractor's speed with cruise control engaged is anything but consistent. I'm not sure if the problem is the speedometer or the cruise control, I suspect it's the eratic speedometer.

Everything else on the tractor seems to be working fine.

My question: Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this on a 3320 ? If you did , did you determine the cause ?

Thanks.

Ray

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Default Re: JD 3320 Speedometer / Cruise Control problem

Quote Originally Posted by pokerboy57 View Post
    I use my cruise control to hold constant speeds as slow as .5 miles per hour. This used to work without any problem at all. Lately I've noticed my digital speedometer seems to be going up and down eratically. This seems to negatively affect the cruise control as it no longer holds a constant speed. The tractor's speed with cruise control engaged is anything but consistent. I'm not sure if the problem is the speedometer or the cruise control, I suspect it's the eratic speedometer.

Everything else on the tractor seems to be working fine.

My question: Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this on a 3320 ? If you did , did you determine the cause ?

Thanks.

Ray
    I bet it's something to do with the actual speed sensor. It could be out of alignment. I'm not sure where it's located on the 3x20's though.