JD 3320 Speedometer / Cruise Control problem

/ JD 3320 Speedometer / Cruise Control problem #1  

pokerboy57

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I use my cruise control to hold constant speeds as slow as .5 miles per hour. This used to work without any problem at all. Lately I've noticed my digital speedometer seems to be going up and down eratically. This seems to negatively affect the cruise control as it no longer holds a constant speed. The tractor's speed with cruise control engaged is anything but consistent. I'm not sure if the problem is the speedometer or the cruise control, I suspect it's the eratic speedometer.

Everything else on the tractor seems to be working fine.

My question: Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this on a 3320 ? If you did , did you determine the cause ?

Thanks.

Ray

/ JD 3320 Speedometer / Cruise Control problem #2  
I use my cruise control to hold constant speeds as slow as .5 miles per hour. This used to work without any problem at all. Lately I've noticed my digital speedometer seems to be going up and down eratically. This seems to negatively affect the cruise control as it no longer holds a constant speed. The tractor's speed with cruise control engaged is anything but consistent. I'm not sure if the problem is the speedometer or the cruise control, I suspect it's the eratic speedometer.

Everything else on the tractor seems to be working fine.

My question: Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this on a 3320 ? If you did , did you determine the cause ?

Thanks.

Ray

I bet it's something to do with the actual speed sensor. It could be out of alignment. I'm not sure where it's located on the 3x20's though.