4300 no start issue.

/ 4300 no start issue. #11  
My 4300 would not start yesterday either. It had done that before, but if I let it set a few minutes it would always start. This time it didn't. I didn't know about grounding the white wire. But I did know that it could be the solenoid not getting enough power. So I hooked up jumper cables to my truck, running, knowing that this would get the entire tractor 2 more volts. It popped right off and has started dozens of times since. I need to get a spare thermister.

My suggestion would be to start cleaning ALL of the electrical connections that you possibly can, especially the ones that handle the high starting current. Also, check the battery voltage and starting ampacity to make sure it's up to snuff. You would be surprised how much voltage all those low resistance connection points will drop, from the battery (source) to the load, and at the same time they tend to limit the current flow.

/ 4300 no start issue. #12  
Try the fuel shut off relay in the fuse panel. When you first turn the key you should hear a click before starting the machine. If you don't hear it it is your relay

/ 4300 no start issue. #13  
My suggestion would be to start cleaning ALL of the electrical connections that you possibly can, especially the ones that handle the high starting current. Also, check the battery voltage and starting ampacity to make sure it's up to snuff. You would be surprised how much voltage all those low resistance connection points will drop, from the battery (source) to the load, and at the same time they tend to limit the current flow.

I replaced the thermister and all is better now.

/ 4300 no start issue. #14  
I had the same problem with the JD4600. The tractor would not start after being used for a couple of hours. I practically disassembled the tractor several times trying to locate the problem. The shut off solenoid was filling up with oil and not allowing the plunger to pull out. I would take the plunger and pump it a few times and the oil would squirt out, allowing it to function properly. I think a new solenoid was about $100. But, my thought was, if this went bad the next one will do the same. When the tractor wouldn't start, I would take the solenoid off and pump the oil out of it. Re install and it was good for 2-4 hours. Finally, one day I got tired of doing this, took the solenoid off, cut a little plate with a hole in it for a pto cable to go in, push the spot the solenoid is pushing and turn off the tractor.

This was done about 200 hours ago. Words of caution, the tractor will run with the key off and safety switches do not work. To turn off the tractor, I push in the red pto button.

B265F943-DD1D-4C34-B941-36103C5BCBF2-606-000001938348A543.jpg

D3ED47A8-D1FD-4CEA-B8A0-D503D9D7C930-606-00000193A705CB72.jpg

/ 4300 no start issue. #15  
My 4300 ran great all day shut it down . Next morning it turns over wont start JD service comes out tells me I need a new fuel shut off solenoid and puts one on.
runs good for 2 or 3 days then back to turning over but no start. I get on line find this page and start reading about this issue. The thermistor and figure I would try and replace it. Mine was behind the fuse box tucked inside the factory wire loom I had to really look for it you got to take the nuts off the fuse box and take your time to move it around till you can see behind it real tight spot. I got the part from JD for $6 put it on and now I can hear my solenoid make that click sound when I turn the key. I will post a picture of the thermistor after I spliced it in and put the heat wrap on it. My 4300 has been starting like new !!Picture0710151707_1.jpg