Tractor
    JD 755 and 2006 Cub Cadet Z-force 50"

Default Hydraulic issues: 755 With Bush Hog FEL

Hydraulic issues: 755 With Bush Hog FEL

I recently purchased a JD 755 with a 1846QT fel. Loader works fine, but after a while it will only go up partially. Then, if I crack open a fitting on the fel hydro lines and bleed fluid as I raise the fel, it will raise to the fully extended position again. Then the situation will repeat. The fel will not raise the front end off the ground either. I also noticed the power steering cylinder has a leaking seal, so I ordered a new cylinder which has yet to arrive. I plan on removing and cleaning the suction screen at the rear by the pto and replacing the hydro filter. I did notice a quick connect for one of the fel hydro lines leaking and I have since stopped the leak. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what else I should do or what to check? Could air be getting into the lines through the leaking steering cylinder? This is my first tractor, I don't know much about them. So, any help is appreciated.

Platinum Member

Default Re: Hydraulic issues: 755 With Bush Hog FEL

I assume the bucket tilts in and out normally? If so then I believe you have a problem with one of the quick couplers for the raise and lower boom circuit. I would replace the male and female halves of the boom circuit and see what happens.

Tractor
    JD 755 and 2006 Cub Cadet Z-force 50"

Default Re: Hydraulic issues: 755 With Bush Hog FEL

I was thinking about that. Possibly the one that was leaking fluid is probably letting air in. The hydraulic fluid stopped leaking after I worked the connector back and forth a few times, but maybe I should just replace it and see if that takes care of the issue. And yes, no problems with the tilt.