3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own

/ 3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own #1  

Yourkie

Silver Member
I'd like to ask a question of the forum before I start tearing things apart. That said I have a 2006 3720 (260 hrs) with a 300X loader where the mid mount selective control valve joystick control is not operating as smoothly and with the finesse and smoothness that it once provided as a loader control. It is erratic, not as smooth or does it provide self centering up or down or sideways, and it will often allow the loader to raise on its own or the bucket to curl on its own. In so many words it has a mind of its own unless the control is distinctly moved to the neutral position.

Are there any ideas on what is involved in repairing this valve? Thanks in advance for offering any experiences or opinions.

/ 3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own #2  
Have you ever lubricated the linkages and heim joints or cables if you have a cab model? Fluid Film is great for this.

Here is the older OS linkage from JDP:

3720.gif

/ 3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own #3  
Have you ever lubricated the linkages and heim joints or cables if you have a cab model? Fluid Film is great for this.

Here is the older OS linkage from JDP:

View attachment 315770

I've never tried it... but, I've wondered how that spray-on graphite powder would work? It wouldn't (not supposed to) collect dirt and cause things to bind or wear...

AKfish

/ 3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own

Thanks for the reply. I've never lubricated those linkages on my open cab model. They were not covered in ops manual. Never used FF either. Usually use WD40. I'll give FF a try. We've had company this week and have not had a chance to look at it yet. I assume the boot needs to come off. Off hand are there any tricks to removing the boot without tearing it? Thanks again.

/ 3720 Deere Mid Mount Joystick Loader Selective Control Valve - mind of its own #5  
I will bet you a :cold: :beer: a good lubricant will solve your problems. IMO, WD40 is terrible for this-once the solvent evaporates there is a stick good left behind. FF is expensive, but wow does it work great and last's a very long time as well. I cannot advise the best way to get to everything, sorry.