Adding mid PTO to 3320

/ Adding mid PTO to 3320 #1  

snohobigdad

Silver Member
Ok, so now it is time for me to tweak this thread. I am going to buy a 3320 probably used as the new prices are really tough to swallow.

And here is my request; I would like every piece of information that everyone / anyone has in HOW to add a mid-PTO. I know that the JD configurator indicates cab models and I have already debunked it. The only REAL requirement is eHydro.

I know I can buy the mid PTO kit for about $670. If someone has a line on a better price, that includes shipping to Washington State, that's good information too. I am not fussing the price of the kit.

I am looking for the hidden costs, such as other parts that are required so that can successfully use a 72" 7 Iron auto comment mid-mount mower. I am also very interested in talking to anyone who has actually done the physical labor of adding the mid-PTO. This includes if there is heavy lifting required.

So, this is a request for information, not about whether I should or shouldn't buy a 3320 and add mid PTO. You guys are very gifted as your experiences have been paid for with you sweat, time and money.

I respect and want to learn from what you have lived because if who you are. Tractor guys / gals (like my soon to be wife)

Thanks and have an awesome day!

Jim

/ Adding mid PTO to 3320 #2  
In addition to the "KIT" you may also need LVA14927 Bracket, LVB24846 Control and RE213475 Sensor. They could add another $400 + or - to the parts bill.
There are other parts related to the MMM. If purchasing new you can get those prices easily. If used another story. I had the MMM & all hardware already and then added PTO & Power Beyond to 3320 CAB. Dealer did the install. Basically $3,200 P & L + taxes. Obviously it can be done, but not a job for the inexperienced DIY'er.

/ Adding mid PTO to 3320
Thanks Cinder. Nor weak of mind either I bet. 😳😳. I am planning on open station, and am being told it is easier due to the control mechanism. I am getting a kick researching this.

Thanks so much!

Jim