New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #11  
One more question. The prior owner ran it since new without front weights. On any kind of incline woth that bushog it feels really light up front to me. Am i being a baby or am i right and some weights are in order? Btw im not going to use that concrete in the above picture. I had it for a tet ancor and wanted to mock up a concrete weight using it.

It would be prudent to add front weights.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #12  
You already have the weight bracket,I have always had 8 suitcase weights on mine,and it's not enough,but really helps.Check Home depot or Lowes for the weights.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950
I would need 6x42lb weights 2 in each slot right? I have looked arund cheapest i can find is 55$ each!!!! And john deere wants 50 for the pin to hold them in. I just cant stomach 400$ for weight on a tractor that cost 4500$ total!!

I watching craigslist, or may make some concrete ones. Im pretty sure i can make a pin out of some rebar.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #15  
Thats it!!! Now just need to get a wrench in there!!!

Tx Jim can be very helpful with his prowess for getting the pictures one needs to figure out stuff.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #16  
Yours looks nice, I just moved my 950 over to the dealer for a consignment sale. Note that the dipstick in the yellow cap is to measure the 90wt in the front axle. Make sure when filling to thread the cap all the way into the axle and seat the O ring on the housing, remove and read the level. If you are measuring from the top without threading it all the way in you will overfill,If you don't, measure from the top. you will have the leak pictured, you could just have a overfilled axle in front. Those seals aren't to hard to replace, parts are available, not cheap though. There is a rubber coated sleave with the seal that must be replaced as well. First I'd check the level, drain excess out if necessary, and clean those joints. See if the leak returns. If it does see a JD dealer for the parts. Med wrenching skills needed to replace this one.
Chris

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #17  
i have the same tractor and i do brushing on hills, so yes the front weights are a must. i have 8 30lbs.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950
So are these the right weights for my front bracket? No way am i paying 62$ but i want to know which ones to keep an eye out for at sales and craigslist

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #19  
You have a great tractor there, I have the 870 and it's on hellva machine.

/ New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950 #20  
i dont no i have homemade weights for mine.