Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

Default Re: New tractor ;) and help! John deere 950

nice 950 there Anomic. The front hubs are not too bad to reseal if needed,as others have stated,clean and fill to proper level first. Then enjoy

Tractor
    Shopping

What do yall think of my concrete "suitcase weight" mockup? Im trying to decide if an "L" is worth it or just go rectangle. Will have a rebar loop foe the retaining bar to slip through and hold them on.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by Anomic View Post
    What do yall think of my concrete "suitcase weight" mockup? Im trying to decide if an "L" is worth it or just go rectangle. Will have a rebar loop foe the retaining bar to slip through and hold them on.

A couple of things: First I'd be leery of that bar supporting a couple hundred lbs of weights as you traversing the countryside. Secondly, I'd think about a "hook" type attachment as opposed to trying to hold up each weight as you try to string the rod thru. You are using the rod as a weight bearing device instead of a weight retaining device with this present design. I'd cut out a slot (2x4 in mold) where it meets the front end. This slot will give you two advantages: 1. Much of the weight will be borne by the front bracket as opposed solely on the rod as you have it now and 2. If you do use a "loop" retainment system, at least the weight will now be resting on its shelf instead of hanging in mid air while you're stringing it through. Could make attaching the weights easier

Tractor
    JD 950

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    To repair creeping throttle lever tighten nuts (parts key #21)
    Hi Jim: I also have a 1984 JD 950 in pristine condition. I also have the throttle backing off on its own and will tighten the same nuts #21. I also have a related problem that the entire assembly, when you push the peddle down or the arm forward causes the linkage attached to the engine to rotate counter clockwise. If the arm is pulled back too far that linkage rotates too far up and will either lock in place or push against the fuel line. If it rotates that far back clockwise, it causes the engine to die. Is there some sort of spring or stop that should prevent the throttle assembly from pulling the part back up too far?
    Or should this be fixed by moving the Nuts #19 on your throttle parts diagram outward?
    Thanks

Tractor
    John Deere 950

On your parts list, Tx Jim, I need the little ball (I assume) which is number five. Do you know where I can find the part number? Thanks. Don.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123