5045E first warrenty work

/ 5045E first warrenty work #1  

vtsnowedin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045E
While plowing a food plot the other day I noticed that there was a tear in the dust boot on the gear shift lever. Having been through having water enter a transmission via this route years ago I wasn't letting that go even a day. I stopped at my dealer L. F. Trottier & Sons at their So. Royalton location. I was on my way in ten minutes part in hand no charge, as it should be with just 155 hours on the machine. It sure is nice having a well stocked dealers part room and staff that knows how to find your part.
When I pulled the old boot off I was surprised and pleased to see another boot inside the first that cones down into the transmission housing held by a snap ring. This provides a second layer of protection and had kept any dust or water out of the gear box. A nice design feature to say the least.

/ 5045E first warrenty work #2  
While plowing a food plot the other day I noticed that there was a tear in the dust boot on the gear shift lever. Having been through having water enter a transmission via this route years ago I wasn't letting that go even a day. I stopped at my dealer L. F. Trottier & Sons at their So. Royalton location. I was on my way in ten minutes part in hand no charge, as it should be with just 155 hours on the machine. It sure is nice having a well stocked dealers part room and staff that knows how to find your part.
When I pulled the old boot off I was surprised and pleased to see another boot inside the first that cones down into the transmission housing held by a snap ring. This provides a second layer of protection and had kept any dust or water out of the gear box. A nice design feature to say the least.

I found my boot cracked the day the tractor was delivered. They put a new one on for me.

/ 5045E first warrenty work
I wonder if they had a bad batch of neoprene boots or if the installer is doing something wrong slamming things together keeping the assembly line speed up?