Default 5045E first warrenty work

While plowing a food plot the other day I noticed that there was a tear in the dust boot on the gear shift lever. Having been through having water enter a transmission via this route years ago I wasn't letting that go even a day. I stopped at my dealer L. F. Trottier & Sons at their So. Royalton location. I was on my way in ten minutes part in hand no charge, as it should be with just 155 hours on the machine. It sure is nice having a well stocked dealers part room and staff that knows how to find your part.
    When I pulled the old boot off I was surprised and pleased to see another boot inside the first that cones down into the transmission housing held by a snap ring. This provides a second layer of protection and had kept any dust or water out of the gear box. A nice design feature to say the least.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled

Default Re: 5045E first warrenty work

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    While plowing a food plot the other day I noticed that there was a tear in the dust boot on the gear shift lever. Having been through having water enter a transmission via this route years ago I wasn't letting that go even a day. I stopped at my dealer L. F. Trottier & Sons at their So. Royalton location. I was on my way in ten minutes part in hand no charge, as it should be with just 155 hours on the machine. It sure is nice having a well stocked dealers part room and staff that knows how to find your part.
    When I pulled the old boot off I was surprised and pleased to see another boot inside the first that cones down into the transmission housing held by a snap ring. This provides a second layer of protection and had kept any dust or water out of the gear box. A nice design feature to say the least.
    I found my boot cracked the day the tractor was delivered. They put a new one on for me.

Default Re: 5045E first warrenty work

I wonder if they had a bad batch of neoprene boots or if the installer is doing something wrong slamming things together keeping the assembly line speed up?