4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #1  

lbzduramax

Tractor
JD 4710, JD 970
Recently purchased a 4710 Deere with a 48 backhoe. Stupid me, shouldve asked seller to show me how to remove backhoe. I know I need to lower to rocker arms, but when I lower the lever, nothing happens. I read my owners manual and found sometimes the hydraulic can be locked by rotating the drop/lock valve clockwise until tight. I loosened and moved the valve in various positions with no result on the rocker arm position. I also removed the hydraulic hoses from the hoe and still dont know whats wrong. I do have a third SCV installed, dont know if thats tied to anything.
Thanks ya'll

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #2  
The hoses that connect the hoe have alternate connections on the tractor which restores operation to the rockshaft (it's called power beyond). Also, you have pins in there. you'll need to reinstall the power beyond to the tractor, then raise the rockshaft slightly, pull the pins and then lower the rockshaft, dropping the hoe.

EDITED TO ADD:

Just remembered how it goes. The hoe has two connectors. The hose that is on the tractor goes back into the other female fitting on the tractor.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #3  
Recently purchased a 4710 Deere with a 48 backhoe. Stupid me, shouldve asked seller to show me how to remove backhoe. I know I need to lower to rocker arms, but when I lower the lever, nothing happens. I read my owners manual and found sometimes the hydraulic can be locked by rotating the drop/lock valve clockwise until tight. I loosened and moved the valve in various positions with no result on the rocker arm position. I also removed the hydraulic hoses from the hoe and still dont know whats wrong. I do have a third SCV installed, dont know if thats tied to anything.
Thanks ya'll

I have a 4120 with 448 backhoe. i've found that using a floor jack under the backhoe with the stabilizer mostly extended gives me a lot better control. The rocker arms won't raise enough to complete the hookup without using the stabilizer arms to raise the unit, which is not as precise as the jack. I got the jack at HF for about $65. The dipper arm may need to be extended or lowered a little to get the unit balanced on the jack. You need a solid floor.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #4  
Don't know about the 448, but on a 48, if the bucket curl is kept so that the top of the bucket is level, you don't need anything except the rockshaft. I cut a 2 x 4 that fits between the bottom of the bucket and the underside of the arm. keeps the bucket curl from bleeding off and I have no problems picking up the hoe with just the rockshaft. On the 48, you can still pick it up with just the rockshaft, even with the bucket curled all in, but it's tricky and takes a lot of patience. the 2x4 prop solves the problem completely.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe
Don't know about the 448, but on a 48, if the bucket curl is kept so that the top of the bucket is level, you don't need anything except the rockshaft. I cut a 2 x 4 that fits between the bottom of the bucket and the underside of the arm. keeps the bucket curl from bleeding off and I have no problems picking up the hoe with just the rockshaft. On the 48, you can still pick it up with just the rockshaft, even with the bucket curled all in, but it's tricky and takes a lot of patience. the 2x4 prop solves the problem completely.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic showing what you mean, would you?
Going to attempt to remove the hoe again this weekend.
The hose that is sitting on the top of my valves with the flexible line, that connects back to the upper valve?

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #6  
I would strongly suggest you get someone that knows how to help you threw it the first time.

You could easily harm the tractor or worse, yourself.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #7  
I'll shoot a couple tomorrow.

Have you Googled the instructions for the 48 backhoe? I can't imagine they're not online somewhere.

I get Willl's concern, the greater danger is to the hoe and/or yourself. Not likely to hurt the tractor.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #8  
Don't know how similar it is to the 485 but here is a link to deere that has links to videos down near the bottom:

Tractor backhoe hookup

Tractor backhoe hookup

Also, I found the key is to follow the manual, hold the rockshaft raise up and you will hear when the tractor goes into high pressure relief and then turn the key off. Otherwise you can have trouble getting the arms high enough as the over pressure relief will keep letting it down just enough to put weight on the pins.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe #9  
Its a pretty simple hookup. Simsfarm, if your rockshaft arms don't lift your 448 hoe hi enough to install locking pins, you need to adjust the rockshaft arms. I had to adjust mine to lift a little higher to install my 447 hoe. Much easier now. The adjustment is fairly simple.

/ 4710 Deere with 48 Backhoe cant remove hoe
Thanks thus far for all of your input. Once I am able to get the rockshaft arms to move I think it should go smoothly. I dont know if I need to coax them, raise the hoe, or what else in order to get them to do so, but after adjusting the drop/lock control and moving the lever, I have had no response from the arms yet. And I also did disconnect the hoe hyd lines and reconnect the flexible line to the upper female fitting...