John Deere 1023e leaks!

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #11  
I think you are over reacting. The stuff you are talking about is minor and these types of things happen. Sounds like they are doing everything they can to make you happy. They won't be giving you a new tractor over this. Even another new tractor will have some bugs to work out. My tractor been back to the dealer 3 times already before 50 hours.

x2.. not trying to be mean. Just because its new, doesn't mean it won't have problems. There's always mistakes, nothing is perfect in life if it was, it would be very boring.

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #12  
I would be livid. No excuse for these problems, poor quality. I remember when my 2210 was delivered in the spring of 2004 it hasn't left my property since. On the other hand if the dealer is making it right and not charging you for picking up the tractor or for repairs I wouldn't blame the messenger for whatever crap the factory sent him. The tractor could be a lemon, or it might be okay now. who knows? Any more problems and I would bring up the possibility of a replacement tractor. Good luck.

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #13  
So they made good on a electrical connector that fell off and fixed an oil leak. You have 2 drops of coolant on your axle. Could be a tiny bit that came from a connection that sealed it self up. Put a little touch up paint on the tiny chip. Even if lemon law applied with this, it has to be the same part failing and dealer has several attempts to make it right. You have a long warranty and that is what the warranty is for. To make good on defects like this.

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #14  
I can understand one or maybe two problems on a new machine but when you have more than that and your older machines are working while your new machine is being worked on there is a problem. A new machine should be ready to go.

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #15  
x2.. not trying to be mean. Just because its new, doesn't mean it won't have problems. There's always mistakes, nothing is perfect in life if it was, it would be very boring.
I think if you buy something new, you shouldn't have to inspect it to make sure that the company and the prep staff did their job right, after all they charge you for those "prep fees"! If you can't trust them to do that on a brand new tractor, what would you allow them to screw up on fixing a major problem with your tractor?

While I agree that it doesn't fall under a "lemon" issue, I still think it is totally unacceptable. I have similar issues with JD dealers, I even made it a point to tell them not to forget to fill my tires and how the last tractor they forgot. Well, they still forgot. Then they expected me to bring it back, it was bad enough I had to pick it up or wait for two weeks. I checked it over at the dealership before I left, but didn't check that because it was crossed off the check list. I found out that the hard way they weren't filled.

/ John Deere 1023e leaks! #16  
quote; "I checked it over at the dealership before I left, but didn't check that because it was crossed off the check list."

yea, that. I often catch the car dealer being lazy with the "check list". For what they charge for service I expect things done that they say they have done by checking it off. If the inspection report shows a check by the cabin air filter for example, and it says it's fine then I go home and look at this filter myself and find a mouse nest in it what does that say? I go in for an oil change and then check the oil to find the engine is overfilled and then drain off an extra quart, what is that? I suppose it's human nature to be lazy but where's the pride? Yes, I say definitely double check everything before leaving the dealer!