Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature?

/ Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature? #1  

Rivendale

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
My recently acquired 2030 came with a non-functioning temp gauge. I put a universal one on from TSC. On the back of the package it said "dial calibrate to 250 degrees" Which is the highest temp range of the guage. I wasn't sure what that meant, and it didn't have any type of adjust or dial screw like an analog scale might have so I just put it on. It works. However I want to make sure that I am operating in the right temp and it is calibrated properly. The original deere gauge, like all from that era, only had a cool, normal and warning range.

The tractor is showing about 168 degrees and it will go to about 175 while under load...bushhogging heavy thick grass and climbing small hills while doing it. Is this normal? Is the guage accurate? And at what temp when is it getting dangerously close to overheating? I know 212 is boiling at sea level and that would be a big NO NO.

/ Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature? #2  
Somewhere close to 200 degrees on a summer day is normal operating temp.

/ Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature? #3  
My 2030 has the stock non numbered gauge. Needle points just left of straight up when at operating temp. I don't know how accurate a non contact laser temp gauge would be, but I could check next time I run it.

If your radiator cap is a pressure cap, the boiling temp will be higher than 212. I doubt they run that hot.

/ Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature? #4  
My recently acquired 2030 came with a non-functioning temp gauge. I put a universal one on from TSC. On the back of the package it said "dial calibrate to 250 degrees" Which is the highest temp range of the guage. I wasn't sure what that meant, and it didn't have any type of adjust or dial screw like an analog scale might have so I just put it on. It works. However I want to make sure that I am operating in the right temp and it is calibrated properly. The original deere gauge, like all from that era, only had a cool, normal and warning range.

The tractor is showing about 168 degrees and it will go to about 175 while under load...bushhogging heavy thick grass and climbing small hills while doing it. Is this normal? Is the guage accurate? And at what temp when is it getting dangerously close to overheating? I know 212 is boiling at sea level and that would be a big NO NO.
I would say that is probably about accurate. I had put one on my tractor, and that was about the same temps it was reading and it actually came with its own sensor, so I would that yours is probably reading fairly accurate.