Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 135

Default Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature?

My recently acquired 2030 came with a non-functioning temp gauge. I put a universal one on from TSC. On the back of the package it said "dial calibrate to 250 degrees" Which is the highest temp range of the guage. I wasn't sure what that meant, and it didn't have any type of adjust or dial screw like an analog scale might have so I just put it on. It works. However I want to make sure that I am operating in the right temp and it is calibrated properly. The original deere gauge, like all from that era, only had a cool, normal and warning range.

The tractor is showing about 168 degrees and it will go to about 175 while under load...bushhogging heavy thick grass and climbing small hills while doing it. Is this normal? Is the guage accurate? And at what temp when is it getting dangerously close to overheating? I know 212 is boiling at sea level and that would be a big NO NO.

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Default Re: Deere 2030 Normal Operating Temperature?

Somewhere close to 200 degrees on a summer day is normal operating temp.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

My 2030 has the stock non numbered gauge. Needle points just left of straight up when at operating temp. I don't know how accurate a non contact laser temp gauge would be, but I could check next time I run it.

If your radiator cap is a pressure cap, the boiling temp will be higher than 212. I doubt they run that hot.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by Rivendale View Post
    My recently acquired 2030 came with a non-functioning temp gauge. I put a universal one on from TSC. On the back of the package it said "dial calibrate to 250 degrees" Which is the highest temp range of the guage. I wasn't sure what that meant, and it didn't have any type of adjust or dial screw like an analog scale might have so I just put it on. It works. However I want to make sure that I am operating in the right temp and it is calibrated properly. The original deere gauge, like all from that era, only had a cool, normal and warning range.

The tractor is showing about 168 degrees and it will go to about 175 while under load...bushhogging heavy thick grass and climbing small hills while doing it. Is this normal? Is the guage accurate? And at what temp when is it getting dangerously close to overheating? I know 212 is boiling at sea level and that would be a big NO NO.
    I would say that is probably about accurate. I had put one on my tractor, and that was about the same temps it was reading and it actually came with its own sensor, so I would that yours is probably reading fairly accurate.
    Brian

2008 2500HD CC SB Duramax 6.6L
    2005 Suzuki Eiger
    2009 Rubicon 4-wheeler
    2011 John Deere 2520, FEL, and 62D belly mower, 6 foot box blade, 6 foot rear blade, a set of pallet forks, a 5 foot brush hog.